Anyone had a vaccine Jab?

Name
ken
Edit My Images
Yes
I had my first one a week ago, Sunday. Full of praise for the efficient way the whole process was handled. In and out within 10 minutes
I briefly felt warm, followed by an itch for a couple of hours
My arm sore for about 2 days, nothing more
Given all the scare stories, I have had AZ and lived.

People do react differently, and some to the first dose, others to the second. I've heard of a flu like reaction lasting 24 to 48hrs

Not mentioned before, but anyone who drives to their appointment should wait for 15 minutes before driving again

Edit My Images
Yes
Not mentioned before, but anyone who drives to their appointment should wait for 15 minutes before driving again
And then only if they're not feeling faint, dizzy or light headed. I think originally they kept people at the vaccination centre for 15 mins after administering the injection to monitor them, but this now seems to have changed.

Last edited:

Nod

As good as a wink to a blind horse
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
And then only if they're not feeling faint, dizzy or light headed. I think originally they kept people at the vaccination centre for 15 mins after administering the injection to monitor them, but this now seems to have changed.
I've been told that Pfizer jabees have to wait 15 minutes after each jab in case of a significant allergic reaction but for the O/AZ jab, it's only drivers. Ties in with what happened with Mrs Nod's Mum (who had to wait 15 minutes after each Pfizer dose) and me (15 minutes after first Pfizer jab, not had second yet) as well as Mrs Nod herself who was allowed out straight after her first O/AZ jab since she had had a lift to it (and back!)

I was asked had I been there for 15mins after the jab and I said yes, I was there maybe 5, they just wanted people to keep moving on.
As said, the 15 minutes wait is for YOUR safety.

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
As said, the 15 minutes wait is for YOUR safety.
I know this, but they were pretty much asking people to move along politely. And this was just after a woman feinted 5 mins after hers right in front of me. But if you know you're good, then you're good, I went shopping right after

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Cases of anaphalaxis have been rare. AZ is running around 1 in 1.2m and those people have been aware of their condition before they had the jab. Pfizer had 42 in the first 10m doses in the US. 41 of those happened within the first 11 minutes of injection and again they had prewarned the staff it was likely to happen.

I was in, jabbed and out of the GP in 6 miinutes!

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I was asked to wait 15 minutes as I've had a previous anaphylactic shock due to blood pressure tablet. I had that Astrazenica jab. Most of the others getting the jab were very much an in, sit down, jab out of a different door.

Having spent 3 days in hospital on oxygen and anti histamines I was more than happy to wait.

An old friend of mine had the Astra and he was just asked to wait in his car for 15 minutes as he's has a multiple bypass a few years ago, he was a little bemused as he said if he's had a reaction who would find him. He's at a different GP to me. Seems there's no hard and fast rule.

Name
Carl & Monima Simpson-Smith
Edit My Images
No
Had mine just over a week ago. Had the AZ jab and it knocked me about for a day or two.
Have you ever had that it where your eye starts twitching? I had the same symptoms in my left arm on and off for a couple of days (where I had the jab).

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm due next week, have been asked not to bring the car (to my doctors surgery) as they have limited space and a lot to do.
I'll stop in Tesco and walk the rest of the way, do some shopping on the way back.

Name
mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Vaccine versus no vaccine

A 30-year-old couple who have a 5 year old child, the lady is a social worker in my stepdaughter's team and had her first jab just over a month ago, the child catches the virus and is unwell, passes it on to his parents, the mother is unwell, the father who had not had the vaccine has two weeks in hospital on Oxygen

This is one case of the vaccine working.

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Vaccine versus no vaccine

A 30-year-old couple who have a 5 year old child, the lady is a social worker in my stepdaughter's team and had her first jab just over a month ago, the child catches the virus and is unwell, passes it on to his parents, the mother is unwell, the father who had not had the vaccine has two weeks in hospital on Oxygen

This is one case of the vaccine working.
Or is it?
There's plenty of stories pre vaccine of 2 parents catching it, and one is ok and the other is seriously ill....

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
I think I've been shot with a blank, its been 2 days and no effects at all, not even achey arm.
A younger work colleague was saying he didn't get achey arm till a week after his jab, but that might just be work banter/bs..:)

Edit My Images
Yes
Snip:
A younger work colleague was saying he didn't get achey arm till a week after his jab, but that might just be work banter/bs..:)
Years ago I might have suggested 'repetitive stress injury' as a likely and unrelated cause? ;) Mind you, I imagine such work banter is prohibited under employment law these days!

Last edited:

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
I think I've been shot with a blank, its been 2 days and no effects at all, not even achey arm.
A twitter friend had the AZ, was fine for a couple of days then zonked out. He was fine next day.

Nod

Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
Still no arm ache for Mrs Nod (AZ).

Name
Trevor
Edit My Images
Yes
Had mine 28 January next one 16 April. I was told to wait 10 minutes before driving off. A/Z jab, no problems at all very light pain in the arm, but only when I thought about it.

Trevor

Edit My Images
Yes
Mine was 14 Jan [ AstraZeneca] - next one is Monday :)

Both in GP Surgery

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
I had mine today, Oxford AZ.

When I arrived at 10:15 the place looked deserted and I was straight in and out. They said they'd done 200 and had 7 no shows.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Wife had her first jab on Wednesday. Ok for a few hours then very poorly for the next 36. Seems strange that all from our families including elderly parent's she came off the worst and she is by far the fittest/ healthiest of any us. She is now dreading the 2nd jab but will have it.

Last edited:
Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
Wife had her first jab on Wednesday. Ok for a few hours then very poorly for the next 36. Seems strange that all from our families including elderly parent's she came of the worst and she is by far the fittest/ healthiest of any us. She is now dreading the 2nd jab but will have it.
Not that surprising really, in the article posted earlier here the suggestion was that the older you are the less side effect you are likely to suffer. Other similar articles state that the worse you feel after the better your body is fighting against the potential virus

OP
Mr Bump

Mr Bump

The names Meldrew, Victor Meldrew
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
had mine thursday about 2:30pm went home felt great
got to about 10pm and started feeling odd had a few beers
turned in about 12 woke up at about 4am shivering like a s***ting dog
seemed to go after a few hors but then started having hot flushes
lasted till about 9am then just a headache set in
that seemed to last till about 6pm and then faded out
good sleep now pretty much back to normal so 36 hour effect

Edit My Images
Yes
Had my second AstraZenica on Monday :)

As with the first one a slightly tender arm at the injection site. Nothing really to write home about.

Will take life quietly for the next wee while till it's working. Have to say I'm looking forward to being able to get out a bit

Nod

Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
Will take life quietly for the next wee

Always a good idea to take life quietly when weeing!!! (Weirdly, I had this ready to go in the jokes thread in a couple of minutes but it's just far too appropriate here!!!) 52920351_2375193215834110_6228430090825367552_n.jpg

Nod

Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
Especially at that time of the morning! I misread it as a typo of "week while". My apologies.

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
Just had my first - AZ.
Was advised to take paracetamol a couple of hours before and then again regularly after for a day - at the usual 4hr intervals I guess.

Bring on the blood clots, improved 5G reception and Bill Gates knowing whenever I take a dump.