OP
Mr Bump

Mr Bump

The names Meldrew, Victor Meldrew
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
well 5 days after my first AZ jab and I have to say I feel bionic !

arclight

Oooh that burglar's a cutie
Name
Doug
Edit My Images
Yes
I recently heard a guy on the radio say that when he went for his 1st jab he was told it was Pfizer. He refused it because a few days previously his wife had been given the AZ vaccine and he did not think it was a good idea having two people in the same house with different vaccinations ................. :banghead:

OP
Mr Bump

Mr Bump

The names Meldrew, Victor Meldrew
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I recently heard a guy on the radio say that when he went for his 1st jab he was told it was Pfizer. He refused it because a few days previously his wife had been given the AZ vaccine and he did not think it was a good idea having two people in the same house with different vaccinations ................. :banghead:
you just can educate stupid

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
I’ve survived since Wednesday when I had the 1st one.
Felt abit cold on Thursday but that might just have been a change in the weather as the day before was a lovely warm day.
Took plenty of paracetamol Weds, Thurs and Friday.

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
Lemsip, that's what worked for me, you're getting paracetemol and rehydration in one. Love the stuff, tends to work even if you're just a little off in genereal I find, always have a pack at the ready

Dangermouse

Squeaky Clean
Edit My Images
No
Thats the bit I dont get - if you say you are not having one at all due to that, it has some rationale behind it. But I dont see why the Oxford one is trustworthy and Pfizer is not.
When did I say I wouldn't have one, I have had loads of crap from people on here saying the exact thing you are saying, and I have NEVER said that, if you go back and read what was actually said, I said I didn't trust the Pfizer jab and I still dont, I would have the Oxford one if offered if only to get back to some sort of normality, but you and your mates decided to be dick heads as usual and jump onto the first victim that stood out of your way of thinking, I have had the jab, what good it will do is yet to be seen, I did not want the Pfizer and I got the Oxford, which is under lots of scrutiny right now......................so shut the F up you idiot and allow others to have an opinion...............idiot

Marc

Mucky Rims, Clean Layout, New Camera
Staff member
Edit My Images
Yes
When did I say I wouldn't have one, I have had loads of crap from people on here saying the exact thing you are saying, and I have NEVER said that, if you go back and read what was actually said, I said I didn't trust the Pfizer jab and I still dont, I would have the Oxford one if offered if only to get back to some sort of normality, but you and your mates decided to be dick heads as usual and jump onto the first victim that stood out of your way of thinking, I have had the jab, what good it will do is yet to be seen, I did not want the Pfizer and I got the Oxford, which is under lots of scrutiny right now......................so shut the F up you idiot and allow others to have an opinion...............idiot
Tsk.

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I remain grateful for all the efforts of the staff who looked after me a few weeks ago and whilst not looking forward to the second dose, will be grateful for that. Towards the end of the year I will happily pay for a seasonal flu jab and a Covid booster if / when that is available. I understand personal choice, but I really cannot fathom those who do not want vaccinations. Possibly a couple of rough days but far less chance of longer term issues and death from this dreadful virus.

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
Just had my first - AZ.
Was advised to take paracetamol a couple of hours before and then again regularly after for a day - at the usual 4hr intervals I guess.

Bring on the blood clots, improved 5G reception and Bill Gates knowing whenever I take a dump.
Weird, I had no such instruction from my surgery. I hardly felt the AZ injection last Tuesday and have had no side effects whatsoever.

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
The nurse who gave me the jab told me to pop a paracetemol every 4hrs, they're supposed to advise this

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
Now you mention it my nurse did say something about paracetamol but I thought it was 'if' you feel any pain/flu like symptoms.

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
Now you mention it my nurse did say something about paracetamol but I thought it was 'if' you feel any pain/flu like symptoms.
Pretty sure she suggested to do it either way, paracetemol helps keep your temp down even if you're not in any pain

Nod

As good as a wink to a blind horse
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
I was advised to NOT pre dose with anything but to use Paracetamol or Ibuprofen if I felt I needed to.

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
I was advised to NOT pre dose with anything but to use Paracetamol or Ibuprofen if I felt I needed to.
Never a mention of pre-dosing, only after they suggest the paracetemol, they might have added 'if needed' can't remember exactly but I just went with Lemsips as I was feeling off/dehydrated and that lasted a few days.

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Managed to get my vaccine yesterday. I was sent a message telling me that they are doing 'on the day' bookings. Called the number, was told the line was too busy and to call back later. Kept calling and managed to get through after a few minutes, then managed to book an appointment for the same day.
All while I was queuing for an ice-cream!
Make sure you bring ID, I wasn't told that on the phone, but the security guy at the entrance said I needed ID - fortunately I had my wallet which I rarely carry now. As it turns out, I didn't actually need it, just to confirm my name, address and date of birth.
Was pretty efficient at the centre, it was a small sports hall where you entered and exited through the emergency exits directly into the rear car park. About eight 'booths' where your details were taken, a slip of paper given explaining the vaccine and a card telling you which vaccine you had and the date. I was told that it would be 11 weeks wait till my next dose.
Then I had to wait a couple of minutes in one of about 15 or so chairs widely spaced in the middle of the hall, before being called to one of eight 'booths' on the other side to get my jab. The only issue was my clothing - struggled to get my top rolled up enough to expose the shoulder!
All in all took about seven minutes in and out.

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Booked in for tomorrow now!

Bit of a faff, when booking preferred places I could not book the 2nd one, and then when I could it was 40 miles away. Managed to grab one 17 miles away tomorrow and a more local one end of June!

I will be a gibbering wreck as massive needle phoboa, I can see myself needing a long sit down!

Name
Allen
Edit My Images
Yes
Just had my 2nd one , The chap doing it said I should be 90% safe , I could still get covid and may not need hospital admission , Also said keep using a face covering and use hand sanitiser

Doh ! , Lots of should's and may's , Time will tell , I run by the rule book ;)

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
No
I will be a gibbering wreck as massive needle phoboa, I can see myself needing a long sit down!
I was like this last month when I went in for mine, and for my fasting bloods in February. And I am a biomedical scientist!

Good luck!

Nod

Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
Booked in for tomorrow now!

Bit of a faff, when booking preferred places I could not book the 2nd one, and then when I could it was 40 miles away. Managed to grab one 17 miles away tomorrow and a more local one end of June!

Try to avoid seeing the tray beside the chair and look at the ceiling while the actual procedure is going on. It takes a couple of seconds then it's all over (until the 2nd round) and the vast majority of people suffer mild after effects if any.

I hate needles too (but have several tattoos!!!)

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
I'm fine with needles up to minor surgical procedures on me (chatted with the surgeon during my vasectomy) but get squishy watching procedures done to other people.

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
What a fuss over nothing!

There 10 mins early and was inside within 5. Felt awful, I think me looking just at floor and walls gave it away... anyway, lovely staff who were very understanding and when it came to it, just a little scratch. I did have to ask was that it!!! So to any other needle phobics out there (and I am as big as they get) it really is nothing!

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
After a few times trying I managed to book in at the football stadium about a mile from work for both. Week after next and mid July.

Yesterday it was next week with the second jab up in Worcestershire...... :rolleyes:

Name
dean
Edit My Images
Yes
Well that's both of them done now and just a pleasant 5 min walk from my house and so far no reaction just like the first time
One thing did puzzle me though I had my first vaccine done the week after SWMBO but she hasn't yet had her letter for her second jab, she had the astrazeneca and I had the pfizer never mind still 4 more weeks till the 12 week s between them is up.

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
I had my second today. A little over 9 weeks from the first.
Very easy and efficient process. Just like the first, virtually painless.
AZ for both.

Mrs P had her first the day after mine, but so far not called in for second.

Nod

Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
Lady next door has her 2nd jab tomorrow afternoon so I'll be taking her down. (Yes, we are a bubble!) She had her first jab a couple of weeks before me so I'll start expecting my call/text.

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
I have to say how well organised it all it. Some faff getting the booking (like you have to book both and cant book just the first) online, but its probably because thousands are doing the same so one minute next Weds is available and then its not. But super efflicient at the venue too.

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I had my first on Monday - the AZ - advised to take paracetamol if there were any painful side effects. Couldn't get a wink of sleep on Monday night - felt dizzy and nauseous at about 5am - stayed in bed until 11am, then most of Tuesday had a bit of a mild tension headache and a mildly sore arm - and as of today - all back to normal - if that's such a thing.

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Still awaiting my second jab but there is still time.

I find some country's attitudes to vaccines curious; Denmark have suspended use of the Astra Zeneca vaccine amid fears of blood clots, other countries have done the same. I can't understand how they are rationalising their decisions when for every person that dies of blood clots 1000's of people die of COVID. In the UK the number of deaths is 79 for blood clots but 127,000 for COVID but fortunately we seem to be taking a much more pragmatic view of the risks of vaccines. People die of vaccines, all vaccines, they also die in car accidents but we don't ban cars. I am so pleased we have this British view of vaccinations.

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Still awaiting my second jab but there is still time.

I find some country's attitudes to vaccines curious; Denmark have suspended use of the Astra Zeneca vaccine amid fears of blood clots, other countries have done the same. I can't understand how they are rationalising their decisions when for every person that dies of blood clots 1000's of people die of COVID. In the UK the number of deaths is 79 for blood clots but 127,000 for COVID but fortunately we seem to be taking a much more pragmatic view of the risks of vaccines. People die of vaccines, all vaccines, they also die in car accidents but we don't ban cars. I am so pleased we have this British view of vaccinations.
Perhaps they are comparing the Astra Zeneca vaccine vs other vaccines. If you have enough stock of the other vaccines to vaccinate your population, why would you keep using one that may cause a low level of side-effects?

I see this comparison frequently (comparing Astra Zeneca vs no vaccine) when surely the comparison should be with other vaccines?

PS
I had the Astra Zeneca vaccine last week and will be going for my second dose in about 10 weeks.

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Perhaps they are comparing the Astra Zeneca vaccine vs other vaccines. If you have enough stock of the other vaccines to vaccinate your population, why would you keep using one that may cause a low level of side-effects?

I see this comparison frequently (comparing Astra Zeneca vs no vaccine) when surely the comparison should be with other vaccines?

PS
I had the Astra Zeneca vaccine last week and will be going for my second dose in about 10 weeks.
True, if they had the vaccines on the shelf - but taking AZ out the equation means that instead of vaccinating by say July, that is now going to be October for example and at what cost?

Name
Larry
Edit My Images
Yes
People who’ve had their second jabs, did you get a reminder or did you just use the pre-booked date on the card they give you when you get your first jab?

Edit My Images
Yes
Not looking forward to it. I have the feeling they will give the AZ to my age group on purpose to use up stocks of it while saving stocks of others for the under 29`s.

I don`t mind having AZ if it was random luck which one i was given

Nod

Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
People who’ve had their second jabs, did you get a reminder or did you just use the pre-booked date on the card they give you when you get your first jab?

Mrs Nod's Mum had her second jab back in January and got a reminder phone call (actually, more of a reassurance call since there were rumours of long delays so the GP called her to tell her that the prebooked slot was still when she should turn up.) The lady next door wasn't given a date for jab 2 at jab 1, just got a call yesterday to tell her that her jab 2 is this afternoon. Since I'm at the same GP, I'm expecting a call/text fairly soon for jab 2 - like Mrs next-door, I wasn't given a date for my jab 2 at jab 1. Mrs Nod herself booked both jabs on-line and since her jab 2 isn't until mid-June, not sure about her reminder!

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Not looking forward to it. I have the feeling they will give the AZ to my age group on purpose to use up stocks of it while saving stocks of others for the under 29`s.

I don`t mind having AZ if it was random luck which one i was given
Honestly, its nothing (the jab). 24 hours on it feels like my arm has been punched repeatedly, admit I dont feel 100%, just a bit meh, cold hands and just a bit cold overall. Should pass in next 24 hours though.

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
I've picked up a covid home test kit and have to swab the tonsils but don't know where the tonsils are. I look in the mirror with a light and see the uvula in the middle surrounded by an arch shape either side, then a second layer of flesh in an arch shape, and then the flesh at the very back of the throat and I'm not sure where to swab. I don't see anything obvious that looks like a tonsil and I don't think they were ever removed. Should I just swab at the very back as far as the swab will go, on the left and right sides?

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
I've picked up a covid home test kit and have to swab the tonsils but don't know where the tonsils are. I look in the mirror with a light and see the uvula in the middle surrounded by an arch shape either side, then a second layer of flesh in an arch shape, and then the flesh at the very back of the throat and I'm not sure where to swab. I don't see anything obvious that looks like a tonsil and I don't think they were ever removed. Should I just swab at the very back as far as the swab will go, on the left and right sides?
If you have trouble with that method there is always the Chinese variant to try
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-anal-factbox-idUSKBN2AV0Y4

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No

arclight

Oooh that burglar's a cutie
Name
Doug
Edit My Images
Yes