Anyone had a vaccine Jab?

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
Highly unlikely that the vaccine will ever be 100% in all people since it's priming your own immune system. If you are young with a perfectly functioning immune system then you will be very well protected. If your immune system doesn't function perfectly because of age or you're immunocompromised, then you won't be as well protected or maybe not at all. Possibly why one the off jabs given to children are so much more effective?
I suppose It's possible that some people might not be protected at all but I don't know. From what I'd heard on the radio, everyone who has been vaccinated, even if they then get covid, they won't actually die from it. But that was probably a generalisation or maybe misinformation.

sphexx

Likes a dare
Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
Yeah, unless there's been any cases of smallpox or polio
Smallpox has been eradicated but polio is still around in Afghanistan & Pakistan. However, from one point of view it took maybe 2millenia to eradicate smallpox from when the earliest steps were made :( .One would hope things have got quicker but word political divisions are in some ways worse (Trump etc) and now the rise of vaccination hesitancy etc :(.

sphexx

Likes a dare
Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
I suppose It's possible that some people might not be protected at all but I don't know. From what I'd heard on the radio, everyone who has been vaccinated, even if they then get covid, they won't actually die from it. But that was probably a generalisation or maybe misinformation.
I doesn’t really matter if few enough are unvaccinated as long as enough are vaccinated to stop the virus finding new hosts.

Name
Jan
Edit My Images
No
I don't really know either. Truth is we know a lot more about this whole thing than we did this time last year, but we don't know everything.
How long till the 5G kicks in.......................? ;)

Nod

As good as a wink to a blind horse
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
5G? 1g is enough for me!

Nod

Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
Your only just South West rather than South Midlands, Jan!!!

Nod

Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
That's 7 miles outside the real South West! (Thought you were further up towards Bristol.)

Fuji Dave

Teacher's Pet, of Borg
Name
FEELING GOOD
Edit My Images
No
Well at long last I actually feel really good today as all the aches and headaches have totally cleared, so now the 5G has kicked in I feel fine :cool:

Name
Duncan
Edit My Images
No
Well at long last I actually feel really good today as all the aches and headaches have totally cleared, so now the 5G has kicked in I feel fine :cool:
Got nothing from my second Pfizer except a sore arm. Microchipped and ready to go! I'll just consent for the chip to link to my FB account and save them the bother of tracking me twice.

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Got nothing from my second Pfizer except a sore arm. Microchipped and ready to go! I'll just consent for the chip to link to my FB account and save them the bother of tracking me twice.
After my first AZ Tuesday and the night of shivers followed by feeling on fire I’ve had arms ache for the rest of the week. Feels as if the needle went right through out the other side and into my body. Had a feeling like there was a golf ball being squeezed in my armpit. Very bizarre

Name
Duncan
Edit My Images
No
After my first AZ Tuesday and the night of shivers followed by feeling on fire I’ve had arms ache for the rest of the week. Feels as if the needle went right through out the other side and into my body. Had a feeling like there was a golf ball being squeezed in my armpit. Very bizarre
My arm was too sore to sleep on last night, which wasn't the case with the first Pfizer shot but other than that no worries at all. My wife took off her first day from work in 15 years after her first AZ shot. The second, however, seems to have had no adverse affects whatsoever. Bizarre how everyone reacts so differently to each shot.

Nod

Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
It will - at least until the arm drops off...

Nod

Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
Only worry if you can run faster and do calculations in less time.

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
Just out of interest...

AZ is being made and used in Thailand, they reportedly helped with development or trials, and Mrs WW's mam had hers yesterday. Roll out is a lot slower there than the UK. The more radical on the redshirt opposition side are critical of the AZ vaccine and of social distancing and masks etc measures.

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Just out of interest...

AZ is being made and used in Thailand, they reportedly helped with development or trials, and Mrs WW's mam had hers yesterday. Roll out is a lot slower there than the UK. The more radical on the redshirt opposition side are critical of the AZ vaccine and of social distancing and masks etc measures.
After two holidays in Thailand, I find it hard to believe that that they have a "radical" side. Everybody always seems so pleasant, I know we only get a glimpse of what their world is like, and they know we bring money into their country, but they do seem such nice people.

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
After two holidays in Thailand, I find it hard to believe that that they have a "radical" side. Everybody always seems so pleasant, I know we only get a glimpse of what their world is like, and they know we bring money into their country, but they do seem such nice people.
There are great divisions in Thailand which date back years. They've had a lot of political strife and corruption and after a period of unrest (Mrs WW and all her mates were out on the demos) they had a military takeover but now have an elected government again. More recently they've had numerous demonstrations by what some term "The mob." Mrs WW watches Thai news every day and of course is very distressed and stressed. As per some other movements in other places some see some demonstrators and agitators as entitled student types and much of this seems to be funded by multi millionaire celebrities and corrupt and/or discredited politicians. It seems to include the usual tropes. There's an American blogger on youtube who explains what's happening in very clear and easy to follow reports, Mrs WW watches his pieces and agrees. She's a yellow shirt (rather than a red shirt) and in fact so are all her family and friends there. I don't think a tourist would have anything to fear from all this although there are places even Mrs WW wouldn't go.

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
They are now lessening the gap between doses to eight weeks.
Not long ago we were told that twelve weeks was the optimum gap.

That bloke wouldn't recognise the truth if it bit him on the arse

Last edited:
Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes

They said it was to try and combat the Indian variants that are popping up now....

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes

The idea of spreading the jabs was to allow more people to have a first jab, and therefore get more people imunised. I think it was a great idea, and other countries have followed.

But you can only lead a horse to water....

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
The idea of spreading the jabs was to allow more people to have a first jab, and therefore get more people imunised. I think it was a great idea, and other countries have followed.

They supported the 12 week gap with tests that showed increased efficacy with that period.
So are they now saying they are reducing its effectiveness by going down to a 8 week interval.
Or more likely just come out with any old cobblers to support their current policy

sphexx

Likes a dare
Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No

Though it wasn’t just an ‘idea’, but based on knowledge of how vaccines etc usually work. The sole reason, as far as I know, for the original 3 week spacing was that was what used in the trials and likely they set a short repeat to get results quickly.

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
They supported the 12 week gap with tests that showed increased efficacy with that period.
So are they now saying they are reducing its effectiveness by going down to a 8 week interval.
Or more likely just come out with any old cobblers to support their current policy
I thought that was, at the time, not 100% clear, but was suspected "not" to show a marked drop in the efficacy. Which will always be better with the 2nd jab. Bringing them closer together means the more "at risk" people can get better efficacy sooner.

Last edited:
Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
I got my first AZ jab in february, still no word on a date for the second - there's been hold ups here since the clot drama and they seem to have pushed the 2nd round back for some. I say 'seem' as I know others who got the first around the same time as I did and they've had their second. Maybe they just forgot about us [social care staff]

I have to get the Hep-B vaccine on Monday, getting mixed info on that too, some say you shouldn't get any other vaccine within 2 weeks of the AZ, will seek advice from the doc on that as I could get the call for 2nd shot any day, don't want to mess anything up