Anyone have Boiler cover with "Home Emergency Assist"

Mr Bump

From under the bridge
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm with Homeserve for basic boiler cover but last year I had a callout that ended up taking 6 days due to policy wording "not covered at weekends" etc. Also they are wanting a bit much money this year £170 for basic boiler cover.

Quick GoCompare and Home Emergency Assist come up for £137 with an included service and they will also cover other emergencys.

anyone?

Get a good relationship with a local plumber. No need to worry then about paying for policies that are full of exclusions. (you know where they won't cover a boiler over x number of years. "We will cover you 24/7" except for all these exclusions)

Get a good relationship with a local plumber. No need to worry then about paying for policies that are full of exclusions. (you know where they won't cover a boiler over x number of years. "We will cover you 24/7" except for all these exclusions)
Problem is finding that reliable local plumber.[emoji2955]

nope I don't do that as when it goes pop in the middle of winter the local plumber is nuts deep in more profitable boiler replacements, also I work away a lot so it has to be a one stop dial up for my wife.

Just how do you go about getting a "good relationship" with a local plumber ?
Problem No 1 - Is there a local plumber.
Problem No 2 - Plumbers are people we need once in a blue moon. Blue moons and good relationships don't work.

Just how do you go about getting a "good relationship" with a local plumber ?
Problem No 1 - Is there a local plumber.
Problem No 2 - Plumbers are people we need once in a blue moon. Blue moons and good relationships don't work.

My plumber is local (lives on the next road)

He has done our bathroom and our kitchen, fitted gas fires for us, replaced our boiler, annually services the boiler and the fire. He knows he will be paid promptly and receives a nice welcome (tea, coffee etc) and we are reasonable about things. That's how you build a relationship.

Same relationship with the local trade builder, to the extent that when the missus woke up at 06:00 one morning with water dripping into the bedroom he was round by 06:30 and had effected a temporary repair to the roof. Total cost nothing. I was in hospital at the time.

My plumber is local (lives on the next road)

He has done our bathroom and our kitchen, fitted gas fires for us, replaced our boiler, annually services the boiler and the fire. He knows he will be paid promptly and receives a nice welcome (tea, coffee etc) and we are reasonable about things. That's how you build a relationship.

Same relationship with the local trade builder, to the extent that when the missus woke up at 06:00 one morning with water dripping into the bedroom he was round by 06:30 and had effected a temporary repair to the roof. Total cost nothing. I was in hospital at the time.
What happens if your boiler packs in when he's on holiday? :)

Actually works well with another plumber, so they plan their holidays so one of them will be available.

Appreciate not everyone is as lucky.

Back