anyone know about tellys

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Juts got home and my son says sound started dropping then PFFT noise then sound died and then room smelled of burning...

somehtings blown :(

any ideas.. terminal or just a fuse?

Burning smell/short circuit probably not good.
Obviously not specific advice, but unless you can take it into a local repair shop to get them to give it a quick once over, it might not be worth the cost of repair.

We had a TV a couple of years ago that started to turn itself off occasionally & gradually got worse. Our local guys took a look at it & said the IR switch was knacked & wasn't economic too repair. (it was about 8 yrs old if I remember correctly)

Last edited:
Its a big 60 inch LG telly... cant really take into shop ....just been scanning about and big tellys arnt as expensive as i thought :)

You would probably find it's as cheap to buy a new tv rather than try and get your old one fixed. I bought 3 x 32" hd tv's from an auction room for about £120 each.

You would probably find it's as cheap to buy a new tv rather than try and get your old one fixed. I bought 3 x 32" hd tv's from an auction room for about £120 each.

yeagh starting to look that way to be honest.. was just in a panic when i got home..

turns out this telly is older than i thought.. its always been great so never looked at buying a new one... but apparently its old :)

looking likely buy a new one..

cheers

Even though you're buying a new un, unscrew the back off the old one & take a peep inside just to quell your curiosity + you'll be able to see if anything has been dropped in there (sabotage? :whistle: )
;)

Even though you're buying a new un, unscrew the back off the old one & take a peep inside just to quell your curiosity + you'll be able to see if anything has been dropped in there (sabotage? :whistle: )
;)
I am not so sure that would be a good idea.
Matt

Sadly, everything today seems to be built with a very short "shelf life" in mind.

My "bush" 40" (I think it's 40, may be 42!) is about 6 years old or so I think. Full HD it's not too bad. All the better as I purchased it for £40 off one of these Facebook groupies some time ago.

suddenly the sound started working.. but it was just one speaker...

so 60 inch telly now in my sons bedroom as apparently the sound comes out of the PSP4 not the telly so he can use it witht hat.. hes happy

meanwhile my bank balance is 800 quid lighter and I dont feel like i have gained anythign... i ahd a 60 inch tv... I now still ahve a 60 inch tv but lost 800 quid :( http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-60UH615V

Back