Anyone know about using Metz flash on a Hasselblad?

Edit My Images
Yes
I have just purchased a Haselblad 503CW ( it should arrive Tuesday). I already have a Metz hammerhead flash so does anyone know what i will need to connect the Metz to the Hasselblad as is flash easy enough to use on a manual medium format? Any advice much appreciated as usual.

Not sure if the 503CW has a TTL flash connection, but I used an Metz 45CT3 flash on auto for years on all my various medium format outfits (Bronica ETRS, SQA, Mamiya RB67 and Hassie CM500) with no problems whatsoever.

Very easy to use synchro flash on medium format due to the leaf shutters, little bit of practise will see you right.

I've had no problem using my Nikon SB-800 on a Mamiya RZ67 Pro II.

It will even do RPT mode (stroboscopic). Starts the strobe at the specified frequency/power/duration, stops the strobe at the first of the duration ending or the shutter closing. Magic.

I'll admit to not knowing much about the hasselblad system, but the 503cw product page:
http://www.hasselbladusa.com/products/v-system/503cw.aspx
says "The built-in flash control system (TTL/OTF) turns flash photography into child´s play when used with a compatible flash and SCA390 adapter."

Assuming that your flash is SCA compatible all you need to get is the correct adaptor to get full dedication.

The Metz website has a table telling you which one you need.

Back