Anyone on here go to the Vulcan shoot last night?

Didn't know where or when Frank but got home rather ill last night. Seems that I just get over one thing and then catch something else at the moment. Getting a bit sick of it.

Thats a great shot of a plane that should be kept flying. It seems to me that we forget in this country that some of our greatest inventions get thrown to the winds. I was at Speke this morning next to the airport and saw an old BEA plane but couldn't get close enough to see what it was. It was a two prop smallish plane something on the lines of a Viscount. Would have loved to have got closer for a proper look but no ! it was fenced in with great tall bushes around it.

Woodford Aerodrome or what's left of it. The Avro Museum. PIA getting there. Are there any motorways within 30 miles of Manchester that are not wrecked with roadworks to install cameras to enforce the secret 50mph limit?
Started 5PM and went on for 3 hours.
We were lucky to get a glorious sunset.
Nice bacon baps.

Woodford Aerodrome or what's left of it. The Avro Museum. PIA getting there. Are there any motorways within 30 miles of Manchester that are not wrecked with roadworks to install cameras to enforce the secret 50mph limit?
Started 5PM and went on for 3 hours.
We were lucky to get a glorious sunset.
Nice bacon baps.

Nope, it's proper f******

Trouble is Satnavs don't know the area, they work on algorithms. Which way did it bring you ?
Not a clue. Heald Green I think, or was that going home which was a different way. I just followed it as I don't know the area.

Just worked out which way I came home. Woodford, Dean Row, Wilmslow then I saw sigs for the M56 via A34 so I went that way. Thought once on the M56 I would be safe. Heald Green must have been on the way there. M6 was virtually closed both directions yesterday. Signs said 1.5 hour delays. Some accident near Crewe plus roadworks stopped all movement. Some guys were at the shoot and din't get there till nearly 7PM. They missed most of it.

Not too far out of the way I'd go. Sadly at any time around 5 - 5:30 the whole area snarles up. I was born and raised in Heald green :D and live about 3/4 mile away, shame I didn't know you were round here I would have told you to pop in for a brew.

The guy who runs these things does a lot of shots like this. Always a theme - trains, planes, boats, horses etc. Usually quite good fun and he has "re-enacters", which means models, in period dress. Trouble is most of them are dahn sarf and they are few and far between oop north.
On phone so can't do links but Google Time Line Events for an idea of what he does. He gets to places you can't normally go on your own. £60 for last night which was reasonable value. He had lights and smoke machines and his models plus he got the place to stay open long after dark. Couldn't do that by yourself.

Last edited:
That first one is very impressive the way you've framed it..got down to take it with a wide angle (I assume) and with that sunset too. Clever technique on the second one.(the gels you mentioned)

Back