Anyone switched from British Gas?

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Just done a comparison on uSwitch and they reckon we'd save over £300 by moving our electricity and gas from British Gas to Npower. The process looks simple enough as uSwitch seem to handle everything.

I'm a little dubious that it would go that smoothly, can't imagine British Gas make it that easy.

Has anyone else done this through uSwitch? any feedback, good or bad, would be great.

Also, is the Npower Nest thing any good?

Cheers
Paul.

In my experience British Gas wouldn't be the problem. Npower were ghastly when I switched to them one before. Constant billing issues, crap customer service.

Hi,

Just done a comparison on uSwitch and they reckon we'd save over £300 by moving our electricity and gas from British Gas to Npower. The process looks simple enough as uSwitch seem to handle everything.

I'm a little dubious that it would go that smoothly, can't imagine British Gas make it that easy.

Has anyone else done this through uSwitch? any feedback, good or bad, would be great.

Also, is the Npower Nest thing any good?

Cheers
Paul.

Not yet, but thinking of it...

Sainsbury's energy are there partner, so should be extremely simple to swap to them and save you a lot of money. Ovoenergy get a good following / reviews as do co-op energy swell.

Personally, wouldn't touch NPower as know a few people that have had nothing but trouble...

In my experience British Gas wouldn't be the problem. Npower were ghastly when I switched to them one before. Constant billing issues, crap customer service.

Agree

My thoughts on seeing the OP was out of the frying pan and into the fire

I'm with Ovo and they have been very good, alot better than S S E

Npower's billing systems and customer service are dire. We left them a year and a bit ago and wouldn't return. Npower made such a hash of the final bill I'm still not convinced it was ever settled, but Co-Op (who we moved to) have assured us it's all sorted. Now Co-Op aren't perfect, but their a lot better the Npower.

I've just switched to British Gas from SSE :D

Thanks for the info, always good to benefit form others experience. Guess npower will not be getting our business, they were the 'best' deal that uswitch offered when my wife looked. Think I'll take another look tonight.

I switched my mother from BGas to EDF with no problems although communication from BG was a bit limited ( vitually none) but all went smoothly.
If you are looking at switching have a look at Scottish Power, they are quite good

I recently switched from British Gas to Ovo. Very smooth changeover and no problems experienced.

AL

I switched last month from British Gas and e-on to sainsburys dual fuel via uswitch all went well, saved around £280 per year. Npower would have saved £369 but reviews on cs were poor so I avoided.

We switched to First Utility years ago and haven't regretted it. Moved house last year and it was seamless from their side but not with British Gas who supplied the house we moved into.
They continued sending us bills with no charge listed and phoning us up to stay with them (even though we weren't with them in the first place).

I would obviously recommend them then.

In our previous house we also changed the phone from BT to First Telecom and again no problems. Sadly our new house has Virgin cable so opted to have a TV/Phone/BB package with them.

Last edited:
Back