Anyone use a Amazon Fire Tablet for editing?

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
No
Hi... As the title suggests, I'm considering getting an Amazon Fire HD tablet for editing/processing phone pics but notice in the specs that it has only got 2gb of RAM (as have most other lower end/mid range tablets it seems), which seems quite low when compared to laptops etc
So does anyone use one and are there any performance issues when using Lightroom etc?

Thanks

Will it actually run a photoediting program like LR.
Download a trial and see.

Will it actually run a photoediting program like LR.
Download a trial and see.

I can download lightroom mobile to my android phone so I assumed so. I may actually only end up using something like Snapseed but you might be right because it may use amazon apps only so I better check that too.

Thanks

I can download lightroom mobile to my android phone so I assumed so. I may actually only end up using something like Snapseed but you might be right because it may use amazon apps only so I better check that too.

Thanks
Fire tablets run on Amazon’s own OS, which is similar to android but not quite the same. You can, for want off a better term, jailbreak it and install android os. But I’m not convinced it will be powerful enough to run something like LR.

Last edited:
Have an older FireHD and its fine for snapseed, i just wish SS had some bloody noise filtering!
Oh and you can add the Play store without rooting it to get all the Google apps.

Last edited:
Although I have an Amazon Fire tablet and find it very good for what I use it for, photo editing is not one of those things I would consider using it for IMHO. It may well be possible to do some light editing to Jpegs but I would doubt it has the wiggle room for RAW files or any serious editing. Again this is just IMHO.

I suppose like most things it will do the job if you need something out in the field, cheep as chips and al that.
it is bleedin cheep.

I think you've all made some good points and I don't think it's worthwhile apart from using very basic or gimmicky editing software. I'll either stick to using phone itself or see if I can get an adapter to plug phone into 27 inch monitor as I believe that's possible these days and sometimes I can't be bothered firing up the laptop for a few phone pics.
Cheers for the input guys.

Back