Anyone using iPad Pro for PP

Name
Neil Williams
Edit My Images
No
Guys
I’ve decided to bit the bullet and get a new iPad Pro. Just wondering if anyone on here is using an iPad to process there RAW files and if so how is it??

Neil

I use the 1st generation 12.9" Pro along with LR CC. Find it great for my workflow. If you have a search there are many others who also use one in multiple ways

I do when travelling, and there are a couple of very recent discussions on it too - take a look at those :)

Interested in how the gen 1/2 copes with large file Raw images and sending them to print from the Lightroom edits or even photoshop please?

Interested in how the gen 1/2 copes with large file Raw images and sending them to print from the Lightroom edits or even photoshop please?
Can't comment on the printing however with regards to file size. It copes fine with the raw's from my A7rii (42mp), processing is quicker than with LR CC Classic

Dunno about large raw files but it copes fine with massive .TIF files that Affinity creates.

Hiya,

I’ve used the 12.9” 1st gen, then the 10.5”, and now the 2nd gen 12.9” for PP using Lightroom CC/Photoshop Fix/Affinty Photo/Affinity Designer.

Works fantastically for me. Files sizes of about 40-50Mb each.

I don’t use a computer or laptop anymore.

I will eventually get the 3rd gen 12.9” - the new pencil is a lot better than the 1st gen.

Cheers,
Shane :)

I ordered mine on Saturday[, they say I will get it late Wednesday afternoon........cant wait to try it with my H6D100c files in Affinity

Neil

I use the 12.9 2017 model
Very quick to load raw files from my Fuji 100F easy to edit on and seems fine for my use.
Loads raw files faster than my very fast iMac!

I'm just back from a trip to Dubai and my wife persuaded me to take my iPad Pro rather than my Dell XPS15 laptop.
No issues with my Nikon D850 mRAW files in Lightroom Mobile but Affinity photo does not like mRAW type. Once I changed to lRAW it was fine.

The iPad Pro coped admirably well stiching 9-13 45.7mp images in a panorama.

Its ideal for going on holiday/trips when you want to travel light but still prefer editing on my laptop.

I was quite impressed with Affinity, its handy being able to play with the files as soon as I've taken them, I also quite liked being able to edit sitting on the couch, etc.
Missing having an iPad actually, I do find the Surface Pro 6 to be more useful for productivity and work but the iPad is unrivalled for media, general browsing and its about 95% of the way there for some of the heavier lifting I like to do ((Editing mainly)!!)

Back