apeure 3.6

how do you see the focus point when viewing hour pictures ?
Depends what camera you have if you want to see it on the back of the camera. Some cameras have the option by scrolling through the replay options. On some Nikon camera you have to switch the replay option on in the menu. If shooting in continuous it may not show the focus point(s) used, and if shooting in manual focus, there is no focus point to show.

If you want to see them in Lightroom you can use this free plugin to show them.

Btw, not sure about the meaning of the thread title. :confused: :thinking:

Edit : Ah, I think you may be using Aperture which I know nothing about.

Last edited:
easy peasy ,open up a unedited raw file for editing and go to INFO click on it and on the top right of the editing box you will see a multi dot marker under the word RAW ,just hover your mouse over it and it will light up the focus points . as you may be aware apple in there foolishness have discontinued aperture so some of the functions get lost every time you update your mac ,my focus points are still there hope your as lucky

Last edited:
Alt+F, it's in the View menu.

easy peasy ,open up a unedited raw file for editing and go to INFO click on it and on the top right of the editing box you will see a multi dot marker under the word RAW ,just hover your mouse over it and it will light up the focus points . as you may be aware apple in there foolishness have discontinued aperture so some of the functions get lost every time you update your mac ,my focus points are still there hope your as lucky

aperture 3.6 will not show the multi dots for a raw file for the d500 but once edited saved as
Alt+F, it's in the View menu.

j peg voila !!!
the multi dot are there under the word raw click on it and its shows you the active focus point you selected for that image

alt f does not work with a d500 raw file

Back