Aphid (1)

Name
George.
Edit My Images
No
Just a simple Snapograph of an "Aphid" while messing around with a bit of macro.

X-T1, 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) Lens, 1/180th @ F11, ISO-200, Modified Ring Flash, Handheld.
Aphid (1)-02466 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y)

George.

Well, I suppose it's mother must love it.... :D - A beautifully crisp photo for such a tiny bug though :plus1:

Well, I suppose it's mother must love it.... :D - A beautifully crisp photo for such a tiny bug though :plus1:

Thank you kindly Sir, sure is appreciated.(y)

George.

Excellent photo - and hand held? How did you get it all in such good focus, and how did you get it to fill so much of the frame?

I'm trying macro photography for the first time, and keen to learn the secrets :)

Excellent photo - and hand held? How did you get it all in such good focus, and how did you get it to fill so much of the frame?

I'm trying macro photography for the first time, and keen to learn the secrets :)

Thank you kindly Sir, your reply sure is appreciated.(y)

"No special technique I just use manual focus, manual aperture, manual shutter speed, manual flash. The ring flash takes care of the light and stops any subject movement. I then just rack the lens out to approximately fill the frame, and then just rock the camera forwards and backwards until things are nice and sharp where I want them to be and just hit the shutter. That's about it really Job Done"

George.

Rack the lens? Forgive me - I'm not sure what that means :). It's that a term for adding tube? Thanks for the pointers btw. :)

Rack the lens? Forgive me - I'm not sure what that means :). It's that a term for adding tube? Thanks for the pointers btw. :)

Sorry, being from the USA its just a slang term I/we use for moving the lens to a closer focusing position, nothing more sinister than that.:D

George.

Last edited:
Nice shot George

One thing most people will not tell you there is no easy way to shoot macro.

Nice shot George

One thing most people will not tell you there is no easy way to shoot macro.

Thank you kindly Sir, your reply sure is appreciated.(y)

George.

Back