Aphid World

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
Lovin no 2! AWESOME!!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Very nice as usual. Out of interest, what sort of technique you using here? I know what kit you use, but do you shoot handheld? If so, how do you find focusing with such a narrow dof? What sort of percentage are keepers out of the shots you take?

Very nice as usual. Out of interest, what sort of technique you using here? I know what kit you use, but do you shoot handheld? If so, how do you find focusing with such a narrow dof? What sort of percentage are keepers out of the shots you take?

Hi MK, all my shots are hand held although I do rest the camera on something if possible, I always use manual focus and move the camera in or out to get the plane where I want it to be. I try and get myself as comfortable as possible to take the shot and I approach the insects very slowly. I also shot early before the insect have warmed up too if possible. My good shot percentage is quite high but I do take quite a few shots and get maybe 8 out of 10 shots the same and would be keepers but I would bin 8 and keep 2 out of the 10. I am now starting to be more critical of my shots and thats the hardest thing to learn in modern day photography I think. Thanks for looking. :D

Hi MK, all my shots are hand held although I do rest the camera on something if possible, I always use manual focus and move the camera in or out to get the plane where I want it to be. I try and get myself as comfortable as possible to take the shot and I approach the insects very slowly. I also shot early before the insect have warmed up too if possible. My good shot percentage is quite high but I do take quite a few shots and get maybe 8 out of 10 shots the same and would be keepers but I would bin 8 and keep 2 out of the 10. I am now starting to be more critical of my shots and thats the hardest thing to learn in modern day photography I think. Thanks for looking. :D

Pretty much the same technique as I use for 1:1 macro shots then. Im just amazed how well you control the magnification and limited dof.

Back