rob

Edit My Images
No
applelight.jpg

DSC02791.JPG

Critique welcomed.

Rob

i like the top one better, but the light at the top is distracting

How much better would that be with a bit of human interaction? Find someone with a nice set of fingers (pref female) and get a finger or two on the keyboard.
It's technically OK but this sort of thing leaves me cold - where's the human element in all of this? What are you trying to say? What point are you trying to make?

If it's just an exercise in composition and lighting, then fine - but if you want your images to be more than this you have to ask yourself what it is you're trying to achieve with each image.
Tell a story with your images.

Deep thoughts there arkady, but I like that approach. That certainly gives me something to think about. I might try that thought process next time I pick my camera up :)

Rob. If that was taken on your Sony, then it's a lovely shot, and the borders do it justice. The top one does seem a little too dark and bland for my liking, the silver one better, but like arkady says it doesn't give me any feeling or anything. So maybe a finger or two would do it more justice.

If, however, it is taken on a 300, 350, 10D or 20D, then it's rubbish :p (That comment has nothing to do with jealousy at all)

Incedenally, I've taken another one of the top one to improve the focus on the Apple key itself :)

Arkady - I see where you're coming from, they are really just inanimate macros, I'm not sure to what exent a finger, or whatever would move them this category to any other. They're just images that I like.

Bod - Still with my Sony mate ;) I'm looking at the ist DS, or the 350D. What are you shooting with now? We should catch up and do a day out again soon :) Driving test on Sunday, so I might be able to nick the car for an excursion.

Rob

Back