Applecross road (The Bealach na Ba) Scotland

Edit My Images
No
Hello all!

Road on Google Maps for anyone interested.

Quick panorama I did while stopped at the side of the road. Haven't done much editing to this (as is from my Canon SX230) but I really like the composition. Not sure if the metal barrier in the middle of the shot adds to the photo or not though.

Any thoughts? :)

STzei.jpg

larger res - http://i.imgur.com/sWvRD.jpg

I know this road very well and I'm not sure that this composition does it much justice I'm afraid. You are right that the barrier doesn't add to the shot, but I also feel that some drama has been lost in this one. The road appears to be like a constant (relatively mild) gradient and a long S-bend, but you and I both know that this is nothing like the truth! I think the best view comes from two corners down (middle right of pic) but it's not somewhere to park a car!! Sorry to sound harsh on your pic but I'm not one for saying things just to be nice!;)

Drove it last week for second time. Lovely road. Applecross Inn is to die for.

Not digging the shot I'm afraid, low qulity of light and general lack of focal point.

A very hard thing to get I guess - buy a helicopter :D

G.

Brilliant road and well worth the drive for Applecross Inn.

Not sure if this picture quite does it justice though. Maybe looking down the valley a bit more would give a better focal point. The barrier is a bit distracting and takes the eye away from the winding road too much.

Cheers,
Grant

Thanks for the thoughts guys.

I'll definitely be visiting the area again some time, so I'll make sure to have another crack at it. :)

I took a handful of images from that very same corner earlier in the year. I preferred the angle from higher up to your left. It puts the valley more in shot. The weather wasn't great then either though.

Back