Araniella Cucurbitina (Green Orb Weaver)

Lovely shot with nice colour George(y) Haven't seen your post for a while now:)

Thank you kindly Ma'am, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply, and good to hear from you.(y)

George.

Awesome shot :clap:

Could you tell me if you reversed the lens onto the body directly or if you accounted for the longer flange distance of the Nikon lenses.
I guess what I am getting at is did anything go in between the reversed lens and the body or was it reserve mount directly?
Thanks

Awesome shot :clap:

Could you tell me if you reversed the lens onto the body directly or if you accounted for the longer flange distance of the Nikon lenses.
I guess what I am getting at is did anything go in between the reversed lens and the body or was it reserve mount directly?
Thanks

Thank you kindly Sir, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.(y)

"Sure, I mounted a Fuji-X/Nikon AIS adapter on the Fuji body and then reversed the lens onto that via a 52mm/Nikon F reversing ring. When reversing a lens onto the Fuji body you don't really need the adapter so in fact the adapter is in fact acting as an extension tube giving a higher magnification. You only need the adapter when mounting the lens the right way round to account for the longer flange length

George.

Very nice George - a lovely specimen she is too.

Paul.

George.

Very nice how did you modify the ring flash?

"If you look at post (#457) in the Show Us Your Macro Rig thread there is a couple of shots of it mounted on my D800 and a description of what I did to modify the light output to it"

George.

Great image George. I've been looking at ways to defuse my ringflash, so I'll give your idea a go. I'm a bit confused about the polystyrene, could you elaborate please?

Great image George. I've been looking at ways to defuse my ringflash, so I'll give your idea a go. I'm a bit confused about the polystyrene, could you elaborate please?

"In way would you like me to elaborate ?"

George.

"In way would you like me to elaborate ?"

George.
It was about the Polystyrene, did you mean you cut it from a plate?

Nice catch George. It looks good. The illumination seems to be working well.

George.

Back