Are Getty losing there grip?

Nice snide Daily Mail comment there on Mo Farrah. Probably designed to lose him votes, with him not being from the core Daily Mail readership...

Even more worrying the thumbnail of the story about Wayne Rooney becoming a 'pundit' for Sky! :eek:

What that article fails to mention is that England have actually taken on Eddie Keogh as photographer and the deal was run via Silverhub. He's one of the best sports photographers in the UK.

What that article fails to mention is that England have actually taken on Eddie Keogh as photographer and the deal was run via Silverhub. He's one of the best sports photographers in the UK.

Still Getty out and Silverhub in... Who the actual photogrpaher is?...getty have some fantastic photogrpahers :)

He's a great snapper, but most of the other stuff I've seen coming out of SilverHub is shocking. Happened to be on their gallery during a recent England game and there were 4 (four) images up at half time.

Did speak to the media officer of the England U17 team during the U17 Euros in Croatia back in May and he said the swap was because they had been let down several times by Getty apparently, and that the price had gone up also. Not sure how much of that is true.

EDIT - Just had another look at their sport collections and things have improved...

Last edited:
Did speak to the media officer of the England U17 team during the U17 Euros in Croatia back in May and he said the swap was because they had been let down several times by Getty apparently, and that the price had gone up also. Not sure how much of that is true.

Oh dear.. with this job its not just about the pics.. (even on my stupidly smaller scale) you ahve to be reliable...

Oh dear.. with this job its not just about the pics.. (even on my stupidly smaller scale) you ahve to be reliable...

Totally agree. I'm just repeating what I heard from him, but if it's the case it's poor form.

Taking pictures is almost the smallest part of the job sometimes.

Their site was down for at least 6 or 7 hours yesterday from about 2pm. Apparently no images were sent to papers for today.

@DemiLion That help the other agencies? FIL get more published?

Back