Are you going to eat all of that?

Love the third one for the rim lighting.......but the first really is charming, just a pity you clipped the Robin's tail!

Love the third one for the rim lighting.......but the first really is charming, just a pity you clipped the Robin's tail!
Cheers. I was gutted that i missed the tail too!

Cute shot with the bird but the squirrels are very cool! (y)(y)(y)

1st is great ... but oh the tail :(

I like them all but love the backlit one.
The first one is a real aaaaaaaah moment, missing tail and all.

Third one is my favourite but the first one would've been a corker if you'd included both tails!

Was it a case of being too close?
I would thonk being too close was a factor! We were in a hide just outside Hawes in N Yorkshire, and I kid you not but at one point the squirells would have been too close to focus on using a macro lens!!! In this case though they were around 20-30 ft away, it was the only shot I got of one with the robin before it flew off.

Thonk??? Sausage fingers on a phone.....

Cheers. I was gutted that i missed the tail too!
Try using Photoshop CC content aware paste.
I was on a day course a couple of weeks ago and the tutor extended the side of the shot by using the above technique, no idea how he did it but it looked pretty impresive, maybe someone else on here knows?
pict 1 for me is so cute a real Xmas card/calender shot.
The tree trunk looks like a snarling Lion's head too me too, or am I the only one seeing it? The Robin is on the Lion's nose and the Squirrel on the main.
Matt

Last edited:
I love that first shot just for the story.

Back