Arlington Row

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
On Friday morning I headed out to Bibury with @Damien Davis for sunrise. After much confusion on where to go, we ended up heading for Arlington Row, to photograph the beautiful Cotswold cottages. Henry Ford once famously wanted to buy this entire row of cottages and ship them back home to Michigan! We had a nice morning shooting in what I consider to be one of the prettiest villages in England.
Comments welcomed on this one :)

Arlington Row by JRTurnerPhotography, on Flickr

That's because the yellow car is parked along the main road that runs parallel to the river, the b4425.
Looks cold Jake, would the location and angle suit sunset more?

Thanks for the comments.

That's because the yellow car is parked along the main road that runs parallel to the river, the b4425.
Looks cold Jake, would the location and angle suit sunset more?

In fact the car is parked in that same spot, I just cloned it out in Photoshop. Would definitely suit sunset more, in a couple of weeks it'll be perfectly lined up. I wanted frost, which you don't get at sunset sadly.

It could do with warm golden light but i like this because it doesn't and is a little different to the norm.

It's got a cold feeling to it emphasised by the lack of cars and life. Like a ghost town. Needs some mist to complete the act but not bad at all

It could do with warm golden light but i like this because it doesn't and is a little different to the norm.

It's got a cold feeling to it emphasised by the lack of cars and life. Like a ghost town. Needs some mist to complete the act but not bad at all
Cheers Steve, I liked the cold feel to it. Everyone has a shot of this place in golden light, and at this time of year, the sun rises in the wrong position.

Cheers Steve, I liked the cold feel to it. Everyone has a shot of this place in golden light, and at this time of year, the sun rises in the wrong position.

You can get a golden one, but best wait to summer when the grass is green and the trees and flowers are blooming for that olde English look IMHO. For now stick with this

You can get a golden one, but best wait to summer when the grass is green and the trees and flowers are blooming for that olde English look IMHO. For now stick with this
Cheers :) In the summer there will be no one around when I'm shooting at 5am either :D

I like it as it is. Agreed it would look nice with a warm glow across the houses but that would be a different composition with more summer colours on the grass and flowers. This as it is gives a nice wintery feel to it
Cheers mate :) You'll have to get up early and join me here in the summer!

Back