South-West England Arne-RSPB

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

I'm planning a trip to ARNE rspb next week possibly on Friday - Maybe drop into Radipole on the way as Arne not open till 08.30am

Any tips on locations would be most welcomed- looking to hopefully photograph a Dartford Warbler, a bird I have as yet never seen and maybe hunt down some Lizards - Butterflies and the like

Thanks in advance

Les :)

I'm planning a trip to ARNE rspb next week possibly on Friday - Maybe drop into Radipole on the way as Arne not open till 08.30am

Any tips on locations would be most welcomed- looking to hopefully photograph a Dartford Warbler, a bird I have as yet never seen and maybe hunt down some Lizards - Butterflies and the like

Thanks in advance

Les :)
Arne is a lovely and very large reserve (is it actually open?) ....has been a while since we went but I recall being told of Firecrest sightings in the scrub around the car park.

The main hide(at least I think is is the main one) looks over Middlebere 'Lake' but not in the direction of the Osprey nesting platform.

For a better (?) view of that end of Middlebere 'Lake' there is a NT hide adjacent to Middlebere Farmhouse. I could not find the info re: is the hide open.

We saw (springtime) an Adder right by the path to the hide and a couple of Ravens in the fields.

I hope it will be nice and worthwhile trip :)

Arne is a lovely and very large reserve (is it actually open?) ....has been a while since we went but I recall being told of Firecrest sightings in the scrub around the car park.

The main hide(at least I think is is the main one) looks over Middlebere 'Lake' but not in the direction of the Osprey nesting platform.

For a better (?) view of that end of Middlebere 'Lake' there is a NT hide adjacent to Middlebere Farmhouse. I could not find the info re: is the hide open.

We saw (springtime) an Adder right by the path to the hide and a couple of Ravens in the fields.

I hope it will be nice and worthwhile trip :)
Thank you [emoji4]. I plan to spend all day there . See whats what

Les [emoji6]

Looking at the RSPB website it is currently not open till 09:30, see link below, the hides are not open, but you tend not to see Dartford Warblers from the hide(s). Only see them occasionally on my visits but usually other things to see. Have seen them on the Coombe Heath side the rspb people are very good at pointing you at where things are, not sure this might be happening at the moment.

Thank you Richard - I may well postpone my trip. I'm an early bird and 09.30 does seem rather later :(

Les

Back