Around the lakes

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
I do like the different viewpoint of Blea tarn, the reflection's of the reeds are great.. As for the Wrynose pass shot, that's a lot further than I would of gone on the road. Its works well with the monochrome feel of the snow and rocks blending into the colours of the valley below.

I find the first one by far the most emotionally engaging of the three, Alf. The lowering clouds and the sense of depth between sharp foreground and misty background help to make it moodily three-dimensional.

I like No 2 the best, the monochrome effect of the snow and wheel ruts lead the eye into the photo and the area of colour in the distance gives it something to head for, the brook and adjacent fence provide a bit of additional interest once the main image has been explored. A very nice photo in my opinion (for what that's worth!). Suggestion/critique? Try cropping some of the sky out for an even stronger look (and a good image for a Christmas card for friends and family this year :) )?

Last edited:
Number one is my type of image,nice moody atmospheric shot. Blea Tarn shot nice also, bit different from the norm,I remember trudging through the marsh a few years ago to get something similar.

I do like the different viewpoint of Blea tarn, the reflection's of the reeds are great.. As for the Wrynose pass shot, that's a lot further than I would of gone on the road. Its works well with the monochrome feel of the snow and rocks blending into the colours of the valley below.

Thanks Mark

I find the first one by far the most emotionally engaging of the three, Alf. The lowering clouds and the sense of depth between sharp foreground and misty background help to make it moodily three-dimensional.

Thanks droj

I like No 2 the best, the monochrome effect of the snow and wheel ruts lead the eye into the photo and the area of colour in the distance gives it something to head for, the brook and adjacent fence provide a bit of additional interest once the main image has been explored. A very nice photo in my opinion (for what that's worth!). Suggestion/critique? Try cropping some of the sky out for an even stronger look (and a good image for a Christmas card for friends and family this year :) )?

Thanks
I will look at a crop but I fancied it as a spuare crop when I did it.

Number one is my type of image,nice moody atmospheric shot. Blea Tarn shot nice also, bit different from the norm,I remember trudging through the marsh a few years ago to get something similar.

Thanks Jack
I got wet feet twice that day for the first shot me wellies leaked and the blea tarn the water went over my walking boots. It was worth checking out that location.

Back