Art Deco/Nouveau (an open thread) Streamline, Modernist, Bauhaus too

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
What photos have you taken of these wonderful buildings and structures, a named location would be nice please

I will start with one of my favourites, its Villa Cavrois in Croix, Northern France
P1000269 1.jpg

Last edited:
This rather fine building in the Bauhaus style is located in Aachen, NW Germany
It was built in 1928 as a factory for the umbrella manufacturing business of Emil Brauer
Today it houses the Ludwig Forum, an international centre of modern art

P1013707 2.jpg

Last edited:
Just a couple of hundred yards away from the House of Fraser building is this very modern take on the style in Exeter's Princesshay Complex...

Sony A65 8GB UnNumbered DSC02910.JPG

Terrific thread, such wonderful style to these buildings, shame the UK ones seem to be less well cared for though.

A wonderful collection of photos of stylized buildings. Thank you everyone for your contribution. Wonderful photography.

Another factory, this one made corsets and is located in Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, UK

letchworth 1.jpg

How about an Art Deco Church, Saint Augustin also in Brussels
Just returned from Belgium and found some rather fine architectural examples there

church 1.jpg

Last edited:
Not posting this for it's photographic merit at all as this is only a camera phone shot while walking past. But this is Florin Court in Smithfield, London that was used as Poirot's home/office in the series played by David Suchet.

View attachment 254297

I always just assumed it was Dolphin Square so thanks for the photo and information

Here's my contribution, the fabulous De La Warr Pavillion in Bexhill on Sea.

De La Warr Pavilion 1 by Chris, on Flickr

De La Warr Pavilion by Chris, on Flickr

The building was refurbished a few years ago and is well worth a visit if you have an interest in this style of architecture.

More information at https://www.dlwp.com/

Excellent photos, thank you
On my list to visit along with Saltdean Lido and anything else I can find around that part of the world

Looking from the dining room to the front door in the Van Buuren House, Brussels.
it was the house of David and Alice Van Buuren and is now a museum.
Fairly plain on the outside, but superb art deco interior and landscaped gardens including a maze

P1004164 1.jpg

Spotted this stained glass window in Notre Dame de Dinant, Belgium.
Looks very Art Deco like to me and guessing that was the intention.

P1004061 1.jpg

Last edited:
Back