Art Deco Staircase

Excellent visualization - had to look twice to see whether I was looking up or down.................. :)

ps Not sure if its a couple of dust bunnies or marks on the actual plasterwork, but easily cloned out.

Excellent visualization - had to look twice to see whether I was looking up or down.................. :)

ps Not sure if its a couple of dust bunnies or marks on the actual plasterwork, but easily cloned out.
My apologies for confusing you Lostsoul2, ;) --- Thanks very much for you feedback,

Geoff

I think this is just stunning as is, fantastic capture! 'Wall Worthy' as I say!

Ecxellent capture, I was in Bexhill a few months ago,only for a day trip, didnt know of that place, missed out there.

Ecxellent capture, I was in Bexhill a few months ago,only for a day trip, didnt know of that place, missed out there.

Thanks a lot dizidav, The De La Warr is on the seafront at the bottom of the main high street, and theres always an interesting art or photographic exhibition there, and all free,

BUT I seen this photo in camera clubs many times! {not criticizing this photo!!)
Your probably right Mel, certainly around Sussex, along with the seven sisters, its one of the most photographed places, and from my memories of my camera club days this was the case.

Geoff

I haven't, interesting shapes, would have said staircase until you said.

Thats what I wanted to achieve, its a staircase that can be discussed in picture if the light is right and there are not too many people about, so thanks for that Byker, I appreciate it,

Geoff

I've never seen it before but I love your shot. I can imagine it looking even better printed & mounted.

Lovely shot! Do you have any more from the day?
Thanks Hope, yes I do, its not too far from me so I have take quite a few. Im of to France tomorrow but I will try and post a couple before I depart, but if not when I return in a few weeks,

Geoff

Thats what I wanted to achieve, its a staircase that can be discussed in picture if the light is right and there are not too many people about, so thanks for that Byker, I appreciate it,

Geoff
In which case you completely achieved your aim. I love it when that happens, you visualise and it works out D

You have dome a nice job with this Geoff.

This image has inspired me to start a discussion, perhaps you would like to join in?

CLICK HERE

All the best. :cow:

I've seen many similar images before, but they are all different to some extent. For me this one really works because of its minimalism. On first glance it appeared almost more like a graphic design, based on a prehistoric mollusc fossil. Had the exposure been higher, or the shadows lifted, then I wouldn't have got this - so I really like it. I think it would suit a square format, particularly if being framed, but that's just me.

Geoff I think you've done a cracking job with this. The placement in the frame of the beginning of the spiral, leaving enough of aan angle so as to include the handrail.
I think this one deserves a print.

I've seen many similar images before, but they are all different to some extent. For me this one really works because of its minimalism. On first glance it appeared almost more like a graphic design, based on a prehistoric mollusc fossil. Had the exposure been higher, or the shadows lifted, then I wouldn't have got this - so I really like it. I think it would suit a square format, particularly if being framed, but that's just me.

Thanks Brian, I decided that he square format worked for two reasons, Firstly it balanced the large darkness on the left of picture with the smaller dark on the right at the same time as pushing the main feature into the centre frame, Secondly, there are large windows to the right and rear of the staircase which I decided to eliminate, thus squaring it off seemed the obvious solution,

Geoff

Geoff I think you've done a cracking job with this. The placement in the frame of the beginning of the spiral, leaving enough of aan angle so as to include the handrail.
I think this one deserves a print.

Thank you Ruth, I opened this after replying to Brian, as in above, which will explain my thinking, so yours is another thought I enjoyed,

Geoff

Thanks so much. You have captured and composed the staircase beautifully and the above really helps put it in context. It seems like a lovey piece of architrcture.

love it, Love how dark it is ( I am a fan of B+W ) Cold see it as a framed poster

Thank you Hope, Heath, Boldonian and Shane,--Im away in France at then moment so I apologise for the brief response, but I do appreciate for feedback,

Geoff

I do like these type of abstract images and this one is no exception, nice.

Back