Artist Signature Digital or Ink?

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
No
Hello All,
So I have started being asked to provide some of my photographs as prints for home / commercial use, some buyers are wanting the item to be signed, so here is my question, is there anything wrong in having the signature on the work generated at the time of the print (digital) or should it always be hand signed, the reasoning for this is my signature when penned is pretty horrendous and I fear it will ruin the quality of my offering lol :)

Does anyone have thoughts on the above and is there no right or wrong way? Or perhaps I should just practise for a few weeks signing scrap paper.

I look forward to your replies
Regards
Geoff

Definitely signed by hand. If you are not happy with your handwriting, design a special signature that is easy to do artistically - just your initials, perhaps. The signature is there to identify the works as yours, it is not a legal document.

Last edited:
Some pretty famous painters had fairly naff signatures ( but then signing with a paint brush isn't easy) I'd suggest a bit of practice will help. Also look at the type of signature you want. Your full name may not be necessary , look at sports stars who sign fans memorabilia, it's all done in a couple of seconds. Lewis Hamilton, just signs Lewis

Back