Arty Farty Composites

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
As it's been raining so much recently I've spent a little time going through old images and seeing what can be used!

Decided on using a few for some minimal composites. I'm personally not sold on them but some have gone down quite well on flickr and Facebook so I thought I would share and get TP's thoughts! If I was actually shooting with this type of composite in mind I think the end results would be much better.

[URL='https://flic.kr/p/BUnZeZ']

[/url]

Last edited:
I think in the first one the bird flying out of the picture tends to lead the eye away from the tree and out of the picture.
Possibly the same for the third one as well.

I think they could all benefit from a tighter crop, I think there is too much space around the subjects.

I think in the first one the bird flying out of the picture tends to lead the eye away from the tree and out of the picture.
Possibly the same for the third one as well.

I think they could all benefit from a tighter crop, I think there is too much space around the subjects.
Thanks Brian, looking at them again I definitely agree with the comments about a tighter crop on the first shot, the others I think the space is just about right.

Hi Neil,
I really like these, number 3 being my pick of the bunch.
Thanks Billy, 3 is also my favourite.

Delicious imagery, very fine and achieved touch!
What's in the pipe that your smoking? ;-)

Delicious imagery, very fine and achieved touch!
What's in the pipe that your smoking? ;-)
Thanks Kodiak, really appreciate it. I'm going to be shooting images with these types of shots (composites) in future, theres so much I would change about these, but was very limited to shots that worked together well.

They work for me
I even think they would be commercial.
Thanks Terry, a few people have said this to me which Is why I'm going to try a few more ideas that I have. Thanks for your comment.

They work for me, I love arty farty, especially the first :D
Thanks Cg_Girl, I do too, will be doing more "Arty Farty" this year!

"Cracking" set of images again Neil, no fav's as I like them all very much. I think either #1 as it is, or a crop from the bottom would work well.(y)

George.

You're definitely onto something with these! Wall 'art' for sure. I wouldn't crop anything as the space is important to create the ambient feeling. I also prefer the birds flying out of frame (as you have them), there is so little subject for the eye to focus on the mind can cope with being 'led' anywhere!

My only comment is on the first one, the base of the tree. I'm not sure if its either one thing or the other. I think you tried to imply roots disappearing into the mist? Its a good idea but not sure if the final result quite manages it. The trunk base looks more kinda blurry than covered in mist? Just my thought but might benefit with another 'play' to see what works best?

Overall, lovely and can see the "Ikea/Habitat" brigade going nuts for this kind of thing!

You're definitely onto something with these! Wall 'art' for sure. I wouldn't crop anything as the space is important to create the ambient feeling. I also prefer the birds flying out of frame (as you have them), there is so little subject for the eye to focus on the mind can cope with being 'led' anywhere!

My only comment is on the first one, the base of the tree. I'm not sure if its either one thing or the other. I think you tried to imply roots disappearing into the mist? Its a good idea but not sure if the final result quite manages it. The trunk base looks more kinda blurry than covered in mist? Just my thought but might benefit with another 'play' to see what works best?

Overall, lovely and can see the "Ikea/Habitat" brigade going nuts for this kind of thing!
Thanks Rich, I have an idea for more of these type of shots and I will specifically shooting some trees for the job. I'm totally with you on the bottom of the tree in the first, but left it as i know I can get what I need in the new shots I will be taking.

Thanks Rich, I have an idea for more of these type of shots and I will specifically shooting some trees for the job. I'm totally with you on the bottom of the tree in the first, but left it as i know I can get what I need in the new shots I will be taking.
Cool, looking forward to seeing more!

#1/3 are superb and nothing to be changed with them.

The pebbles just dont sit right on the sand for me but it could easily be concept art as such then its floating pebbles all alien and a like :D

#1/3 are superb and nothing to be changed with them.

The pebbles just dont sit right on the sand for me but it could easily be concept art as such then its floating pebbles all alien and a like :D
Cheers Bryn, it's not meant to be realistic, more surreal art! But having said that I was thinking of shooting this again on the beach rather than on a reflective surface.

All very well done but I have to say there's something about #2.
Thanks Naka

I really like 1 and 3 is a clear stand out one for me.
Thanks Raphael

I`m not a landscape photographer or even know what composite shots are haha but you know my views on your photography (y)
Just keep putting more for us to see and like :)

Have to agree with others here.
I can definitely see a market for these.

Back