Ashgill force

Name
paul rogers
Edit My Images
Yes
what a day it was. I went there on Tuesday whilst Setting up the camera. I smashed my Glasses so I did not manage to take many photographs.
But I struggled on, Walking was easier than taking photographs.
I managed to get the first one and thought it a waste of time trying to get other pictures.
So decided to take a walk down stream and I found some school kids jumping off a ledge.
So here are the two images I managed to capture.
1st Ashgill its self and the 2ng a composite of a jumper

_MG_9893 small.jpg

_MG_9903 small.jpg

Last edited:
1. The problem with long exposures is they're long. Whilst you've got the water movement you've also got a few blurred bits of folliage thrown in for free. I try to keep mine shorter - not just to get a texture in any flowing water but to avoid blurred folliage etc. It's a messy scene but basic composition looks fine
2. Why? It's a well done composite but I'm not sure why you'd want to make this.

Edit - back to one - you can make a composite - I might suggest taking one short exposure to get no blurred folliage - and then one long one for the movement and blend the two in such a way to add the water movement and moving sky - keeping the sharp non blurred folliage.

Last edited:
I would have done the composite Steve
but I gave up as of My broken glasses I think I tried a few others but I was guessing on timing etc as everything was blurred :-(

Back