Name
pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Some shots of the amazing wisteria plants / trees? at Ashikaga flower park in Japan.
This place is simply amazing when the wisteria is blooming, it's like stepping onto a set from avatar.

I visited with my family so didn't come prepared at all to take pictures, but got a fair few anyway.
It was in the evening and the light was fading so I needed some long exposure times.
I didn't have a tripod so used the small bamboo fences surrounding the plants to brace my camera.

Ashikaga Wisteria by Peter Lourenco, on Flickr

Holy s***!!!!
I have never seen a Wisteria like that. It's incredible!
I have one in the garden, and it never flowers (I wish it did), but holy moly....look at that thing!!
I love the people-less shots (shame about the light post in the second), but that last one really does give it scale.
Thanks for posting those!

Edit.....Incidentally, are you aware your first image is being offered for download on a computer wallpaper site?

Last edited:
What Ruth said! Wow! We have one in our back garden which is always pretty when it flowers, but bloody hell, those are amazing!

Good job improvising too when the ideal equipment wasn't to hand.

What Ruth said! Wow! We have one in our back garden which is always pretty when it flowers, but bloody hell, those are amazing!

Good job improvising too when the ideal equipment wasn't to hand.

Holy s***!!!!
I have never seen a Wisteria like that. It's incredible!
I have one in the garden, and it never flowers (I wish it did), but holy moly....look at that thing!!
I love the people-less shots (shame about the light post in the second), but that last one really does give it scale.
Thanks for posting those!

Edit.....Incidentally, are you aware your first image is being offered for download on a computer wallpaper site?

Some of the plants are over 100 years old, they are world renowned!

Didn't know it was on a wallpaper site. They have appeared in lots of places though as they are on Getty Images.
Doesn't really bother me to much if they are shared as long as someone is not profiting much from it :)

Back