Assistance Dog Charity Portraits

Fraser Euan White

Suspended / Banned
Name
Fraser White
Edit My Images
Yes
A small selection of photographs that I took yesterday for a Charity that trains assistance dogs for people with all types of disabilities. This was a 'morning social tea' meeting for the puppy trainers and their owners - the dogs are amazing!

What I found extremely difficult was trying to get the dogs & the owners on the 'same level' - I obviously couldn't ask the owners to crouch or sit next to their dogs and taking the shots in a small community hall I didn't have a big enough backdrop with me - any suggestions for the future?

_DSC3037 by Fraser White, on Flickr

_DSC3062 by Fraser White, on Flickr

_DSC3067 by Fraser White, on Flickr

_DSC3120 by Fraser White, on Flickr

_DSC3035 by Fraser White, on Flickr

Last edited:
Lovely set of photos - really portrays the close bond between people and dogs. Big thumbs up!

I didn't have a big enough backdrop with me - any suggestions for the future?

Yes Sir, the Inverse Square Law!

Your subject far from any wall, you and the light source
rather close to subject and, to be sure, ƒ8. :cool:

Last edited:
I think the small backdrop has meant you have had to get in real close, I am assuming you mean you would have liked to have got more of the subject in the frame i.e. further away from subject ?
I prefer the intimacy and framing of these shots than more subject matter in the frame.
Or did you mean something else?
Matt

Hi Matt,

thanks for the comments - yes I would have liked some 'full length' shots showing the owner and dogs in full as well as these.

Fraser

Given the constraints you speak of, I think you have done a remarkable job.
Great contact and feeling expressed between sitter and the dog.

"Excellent" set of images Sir, liking all of these very much.(y)

George.

Lovely set! For next time, as a dog owner, and a lady of middling years, I would have had no difficulty whatsoever in being asked to sit on the floor with my dog (or have my dog sit on a chair next to me). I spend lots of time on the floor with my dog, as do most owners, I think.

Back