At the pier

Ive been following your work with some interest, sometimes it seems to hit and at others you’ve been accused of posting what’s clearly a ‘mistake’ and passing it off as ‘arty’.

This one definitely falls into the 2nd camp, if the ‘subject’ is the couple they’re both OOF and underexposed.

I appreciate ‘sharpness is a bourgeois concept’ but this has nothing to raise it which would excuse the ‘errors’.

Ive been following your work with some interest, sometimes it seems to hit and at others you’ve been accused of posting what’s clearly a ‘mistake’ and passing it off as ‘arty’.

This one definitely falls into the 2nd camp, if the ‘subject’ is the couple they’re both OOF and underexposed.

I appreciate ‘sharpness is a bourgeois concept’ but this has nothing to raise it which would excuse the ‘errors’.

Hello, Phil V!

I would like the audience to see one strange tall person at the pier, but only from the second glance understand that this is a couple.

Hello, Phil V!

I would like the audience to see one strange tall person at the pier, but only from the second glance understand that this is a couple.
Well then you succeeded.

Yes you sure succeeded, on the homepage in the little thumbnail. Which is what I call clever exposure. I came here. Now, that word exposure ... ;)

You are most certainly the concept fella.

Lol, you could have photoshoped her head out very simply! And even more effective.

‘sharpness is a bourgeois concept’

That's a new one on me! Can someone explain it to me?

‘sharpness is a bourgeois concept’

That's a new one on me! Can someone explain it to me?

It’s a quote of HCB who was discussing the number of images he discarded because they were not sharp, when other people find them perfectly acceptable.

The iPad won’t let me post a link but it’s googlable

I like it Dmtry - I saw exactly as you first explained, BUT, I actually looked at it as a tall alien - I think with the processing/OOF, it makes it look like one of those images of aliens that have come down to explore our world

Back