Attenborough

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Headed for Attenborough in Notts over the weekend to try and see the Slavonian Grebe that has been there for some days now, took most of the day before we finally caught sight of the bird it was quite mobile sometimes coming close other times heading off past the visitor centre.

IMG_9217 by Timothy Rowley, on Flickr

While we waited we had a general wander around picking up the usual duck species

IMG_9026 by Timothy Rowley, on Flickr

The Cattle Egret near the sailing club were just too distant for any shots but we did manage a Female Stonechat along the edge of the lake

IMG_9090 by Timothy Rowley, on Flickr

All the best

Tim.

Thanks Patrick.

The Grebe is still there today (18Jan) I see from Notts Birders news, but being such a large body of water it can easily disappear nearly missed it by watching the railway side of the visitor centre when it had reappeared just the other side of the bridge to the visitor centre.

Tim.

It was still there Sunday too, but to far out to get a good shot, spent its time closer to the railway line than the visitors center and about 1/3 rd of the way towards the islands from the road in.

Speaking to someone there, they said there were beared tits up at Delta hide and there were long tails in the tree to the right of the visitor centre bridge while I was there..

Last edited:
Had heard of the Bearded Tits being present (two females I believe) when I was there the reports stated around the Tower Hide (the Notts Birder site reports state them as still being around the Tower hide) but I imagine they are quite mobile and could almost pop up any where.

Tim.

Chap I was chatting too said they had been present at delta most of the day.

Back