Audi Sunset - Strobe Lit

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello Guys

I am always looking to improve my flash photography, so i took my car out for a drive and took these shots

They are all multi exposures lit by one bare speedlite.

let me know what you think / what i could have done better. I have a softbox for my speedlite which i will try next time to see the difference in light on the car.

Audi A4 Sunset by Michael Hamilton, on Flickr

Audi A4 by Michael Hamilton, on Flickr

Thanks

Mike

Essentially, your on to something good, very good!

I would suggest…
— get rid of the flare in #2
— get the two scenes to the same luminosity, somewhere between the actual values, and
— since the subject allows for it, introduce —through tonal separation— a more accentuated artistic intent

Nice shots - looks a similar colour to my old A4 - lovely car

Really well done. I agree the flare should be cleaned up, but on both pictures IMO. I would also rather a blank numberplate than your the workaround you've gone for. Otherwise, quite lovely :)

I was thinking about removing the flares but i thought id leave them in as i like them, shame the one on the rear shot was over the light

It is a very hard shot to pull of, you did it well!

cheers mate, this is why i wanted to try it as if i can get this shot right then im on the right path with strobe lighting

Nice shots - looks a similar colour to my old A4 - lovely car

Thanks, yes is a great car.

I've never been partial to car photography, but this does look great and I think the flares actually adds to the pleasing look..

Back