Aurora from Stockbridge down, Hampshire

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
Yes
I was admiring MattyW's fantastic image of Aurora from Sycamore gap, and it inspired me to have a look at some of my aurora photos, by sheer coincidence I found that it was exactly 1 year ago to the day we saw them, well we first observed them before midnight but it was past midnight when they started to fade. I am so gutted I did not have my DSLR back then, and it might be quite a long wait till the next time I get to see them. I should point out that the aurora was only very weakly visible to the naked eye, but shows up well enough in long exposure photos. No they are not breathtaking images, but to see aurora from down here in the south is a rather special treat, so I am happy I at least got some images of it. I have seen them before, from this same location that was quite a few years ago, possibly 2003, the aurora was stronger then, much more noticeable to the eye, I did get some photos as well but back then I was using an film SLR.

Aurra borealis from Stockbridge down, Hampshire 21.12.2015 edit by Jason Evans, on Flickr

Northern lights from stockbrisge down 21 Dec 2015 by Jason Evans, on Flickr

thats a great shot, and lucky seeing it so far south to ....

Back