Austin 7's and Mud, Mud and more Mud

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Yesterday was our annual visit to Butts Quarry near Chesterfield for the Pre War Austin 7 Club Winter Trial. The frozen ground and snow which we expected after the recent weather was not to be, it was wall to wall mud.

Conditions were "sticky" to say the least, but cars and drivers coped well and some good drives were seen throughout the day.

The cars coped better than us, taking photos in the cold, rain, no light and trying not to fall flat on your face made it hazardous.

QP0T1577800.jpg

QP0T1558800.jpg

QP0T1656800.jpg

QP0T1659800.jpg

QP0T1677800.jpg

6. spot the car...
QP0T1671800.jpg

plenty more on our site

http://www.motorsport-imagery.com/p407285476

OMG and they can't go near a car wash with those animals :LOL: Fair play to you for going and taking shots in those conditions. :clap:

Lovely stuff,Stu.
Those conditions sort the men out from the boys and can provide great opportunities for dramatic pics.
Well Done,and happy new year.

Wow,thats what i call mud,great shots.:)(y)

The quarry seems aptly named for this filthy exercise :D
#6 is awesome but all worthy
Brave tog for being out there :wacky:

Fair play to you for coping with those conditions :clap:.
Great set Stu.
Happy new year mate.
Clive.

Good to hear from you Clive, Happy New Year mate.

Been up to much then?

This years event wasn't too bad, just the abismal light. Really thought we might not get there, looking out the window at 23.00 hours Tues it was snow like a good un. Got up at 07.00 Wed and now snow in sight.

Good to hear from you Clive, Happy New Year mate.

Been up to much then?

This years event wasn't too bad, just the abismal light. Really thought we might not get there, looking out the window at 23.00 hours Tues it was snow like a good un. Got up at 07.00 Wed and now snow in sight.

Not a busting lot,thinking about taking on the masses at the Autosport as I gave last year a miss,probably going up to Stonleigh for the Race Retro.
Loking forward to the season at Silverstone for obvious reasons,might try a get a sneaky peek at the new layout,but reckon my usual spots may well be knackered by now looking at the new layout....:shrug: can't have it all...
Still hoping they get your local up and running for the new season,any news ?
Clive.

Hi Clive, no news for a while now from Donny, only that it is all back in the Wheatcrofts hands so who knows. I was hoping to have a visit to the collection over this holiday but thats closed until further notice.

So only time will tell.

Stu

Back