Autosports 2015

Name
David Williams
Edit My Images
No
Spent yesterday wandering the halls of the NEC looking at cars and bits of cars (along with lots of other people so didn't feel quite so odd :))

Very difficult to get decent photos of the cars due to the number of people so concentrated on some details.

David

Conditions look tricky there David, lots of people and less than desirable lighting, did your flash fire? I can see where you've tried to go with this but perhaps you needed to get a little closer to single out details a little more

Last edited:
Hi Russy, no flash, made horrible reflections off the paint. These cars were behind barriers so not very accessible. Would be great to get access to one for a photographic project, they are beautiful to look at up close.

David

I must admit I never take a camera with me now to shows like this - I did the Classic Car Show in November, and it's not even worth trying IMO - too many people standing in the way to get around, never mind get decent shots. I used to work in a business that had a trade stand at both the Motor Show (when it was in the NEC) and the Autosport Show, and it was nice to be able to get in before it was open to the public to get some shots, but even then the lighting is horrible.

First shot is kind of a metaphor for a lot of add-on alloys now - "You mean it's not made from melted-down £50 notes for that price?"

Back