Autum and Winter ...a thread for all....

Absolutely "Excellent" set of images Mark. I agree with all the comments that Bryn & Nick have said.(y)

George.

That's a nice set of images Nick, with some lovely autumn colours.(y)

Is that an additional light you have placed behind #2 to give it that warm glow ?

George.

That's a lovely shot Les, with nice soft autumn colours and good composition.(y)

George.

Thank you George- I'm a little Busy just now with Pheasant season an all that goes with it

Les ;)

Cracking set, the first two particularly (y)

Ace set them!!! Was soo late this morn I missed my chances! WILL be up for the morn before the rain sets back in this week!

"Excellent" set of images Mark, I like them all with #4, & #6, being my favs.(y)

George.

That's a very nice shot Les, with really lovely warm lighting and good composition.(y)

George.

Thanks George & Susie- Not a lot of spare time at the moment Pheasant Season :(

Les

A couple I took for my 52's ...the second one I decided not use on there. Feeling better after my horrible cold so hopefully will be out and about again now....hoping for some frosty shots but not holding my breath....we live a bit too near the sea to get much frost :(

15736102938_0ebabd10e5_b.jpg

15921825951_e083392ec9_b.jpg

That first shot is really great Susie, it reminds me of a scene from Blade Runner. And i am guessing the middle shroom is female as it is wearing false eyelashes. :whistle:

Couple of really great shots Susie, Lovely lighting on #1 and a different angle but very effective on #2.(y)

George.

"Superb" shot T0p cat, good composition and great detail.(y)

George.

That's a lovely shot Susie, I like it very much.(y)

George.

Do we need a "Spring and summer" thread now, for non-flower stuff? Anyway, these have been around all winter, so they don't seem out of place here even though these images were captured in the past few days.

The first version was captured using the 70D, and the second, in very different light, a couple of days later with my TZ60 travel/point and shoot camera. Both versions used exposure fusion (more details here if you are interested), both using two captures. I used a tripod and remote release for the 70D captures. The TZ60 captures were hand-held, but my hand was resting on the ground. All the captures were RAW. Basic processing was in Lightroom with the exposure fusion done in Photomatix Pro.

70D version, ISO 800, f/22, 1/20 and 1/40 sec

0687 27 2015_02_27 FUSED IMAGES IMG_0295_6 PMaxPro LR 1100h
by gardenersassistant, on Flickr

TZ60 version, ISO 200, f/8, 1/13 and 1/25 sec

0691 29 2015_03_01 TZ60 Hand-held natural light, 347 mm 35mm equivalent, 1-13 sec at f - 8.0, ISO 200, P1

Some more not-a-flower images captured in the garden a few days ago. The feather was being blown around by the breeze and was pretty much continuously in motion. I took loads of shots. Most were useless but I thought these weren't too horrible to share. I could only (just) get one line of sight on the feather squeezing through the bush's branches, so the feather was at an awkward angle most of the time making it difficult to get it all in focus. I know the last one is almost completely out of focus, but I thought it gave an idea of the feather's movement.

0688 01 2015_02_27 IMG_0098 LR 1100h

0688 02 2015_02_27 IMG_0103 LR 1100h

0688 03 2015_02_27 IMG_0102 LR 1100h

0688 04 2015_02_27 IMG_0113 LR 1100h

Back