Autumn at Penton Linns

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
A nice hour out locally this morning to capture some autumnal colours along the River Liddle, Penton Linns. Taken in the drizzle which really boosts the colour saturation, especially when using a CPL to take any glare off the leaves...

Autumn at Penton by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Gorgeous pallete of golds.
The elevated position gives depth and aids the flow of the water.

Gorgeous pallete of golds.
The elevated position gives depth and aids the flow of the water.
Thank you Paul :)

Nice given the conditions - although I would take a hair off the top as you have a tiny bit of sky poking out the top center left. Otherwise very tastefully processed and done.
Cheers mate, good spot! I cropped the sky out as it was rubbish, and did mean to clone that wee bit out....but forgot due to watching the footy at the same time as processing LOL!! You not on Facey anymore? Banned?

Cheers mate, good spot! I cropped the sky out as it was rubbish, and did mean to clone that wee bit out....but forgot due to watching the footy at the same time as processing LOL!! You not on Facey anymore? Banned?

Life banned from FB and you know what - since getting my licence back it's the best thing that has happened to me (well not quite but you get the idea). Life is better without it.

IG is the future mate and the only social media platform I use unless you count whatsapp.

You can see me post pictures of the edits as I wade through the Spain/France pics. In an earlier thread you talked about Sony colours and the greens - these stand out as being particularly well done here.

Check bottom right corner, two wayward things to clone out too - easily done.

Last edited:
Life banned from FB and you know what - since getting my licence back it's the best thing that has happened to me (well not quite but you get the idea). Life is better without it.

IG is the future mate and the only social media platform I use unless you count whatsapp.

You can see me post pictures of the edits as I wade through the Spain/France pics. In an earlier thread you talked about Sony colours and the greens - these stand out as being particularly well done here.

Check bottom right corner, two wayward things to clone out too - easily done.
I somewhat agree on Facebook, and if it wasn't for keeping in touch with photography friends I'd get rid of it completely. I love IG, always have done, there's some seriously good stuff on there, however there is equally bad stuff too...

I'll take a quick look at that top left and bottom right later mate, cheers! I've found the trick on getting the greens just about right is shooting when there is no light...not really helpful when those moments come, but slowly getting them right. I think using the CPL helps them too tbh.

Back