Autumn portraits - I really struggled :(

Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all,

Yesterday, a friend of mine kindly offered to stand in front of my camera for a little bit, despite the cold and the rain!

It's been a while since I have been out trying to do a portrait shoot, it was her first time in front of a camera, nevertheless, I really, really struggled to get back into the swing of things. I was trying different things but just couldn't really get to where I wanted to be in terms of poses/look of the images.
It all felt disjointed and I really struggled to be creative etc. even coming up with ideas etc. was hard, I kept drawing a blank.

Anyway, some images for your interest - we have a lovely horse-chestnut tree in our garden and she's a tree climber at heart so I decided to use that as a starting point.

victoria_101020-4177 by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

victoria_101020-4379 by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

victoria_101020-4607 by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

victoria_101020-4842 by Chris Reynolds, on Flickr

Nice effort- I personally do not like shooting UP to a model :)

No1 I do like this - however: it seems to have a colour cast

No2 loose that leaf buddy it detracts from the subject

Les :)

If it’s been a while since you did something of course it will feel disjointed and you will struggle to get into it. It would be the same for any skill. Keep at it and it will come back

I think you've done a good job.
You're being a bit hard on yourself.
as above, I'd lose the leaves across the face and try and shoot on the same level or downwards rather than upwards.

Back