Autumn Portraits

Name
PHILIP
Edit My Images
No
Really loving the first one, you aren't helping me choose between the 56mm 1.2 and the 90mm F2! I was set on the 90mm first, but this has given me second thoughts, is your 56mm the non APD version?

Really loving the first one, you aren't helping me choose between the 56mm 1.2 and the 90mm F2! I was set on the 90mm first, but this has given me second thoughts, is your 56mm the non APD version?
Haha its a tough choice. This is the non APD lens. I was going to trade it in and get the 90mm but have deiced it'd be best to have both when the 90mm focal length is too long. :)

Really nice work Philip. Straight into the family album.

Haha its a tough choice. This is the non APD lens. I was going to trade it in and get the 90mm but have deiced it'd be best to have both when the 90mm focal length is too long. :)
I think I’m going to go with the 90mm first as the Canon 135 F2 L was my favourite lens. I’ve no doubt the 56 1.2 R will join it at some point.

I think I’m going to go with the 90mm first as the Canon 135 F2 L was my favourite lens. I’ve no doubt the 56 1.2 R will join it at some point.
I had the 135L when I was with Canon and adored the images I got from that. It was a bit long at times but when I looked at the images it made it made it all worth while. That's why I've been looking at the 90mm too. Great thing about Fuji is there are great deals to be had used. The 56mm though is great though for indoor shots when space is at a premium which is why I went for this lens first.

I was looking at the 50-140 but just can't look beyond the 90mm at the minute

I had the 135L when I was with Canon and adored the images I got from that. It was a bit long at times but when I looked at the images it made it made it all worth while. That's why I've been looking at the 90mm too. Great thing about Fuji is there are great deals to be had used. The 56mm though is great though for indoor shots when space is at a premium which is why I went for this lens first.

I was looking at the 50-140 but just can't look beyond the 90mm at the minute
I'm in the same position,... it's only money :)

really lovely, the processing really brings out those autumnal tones. #2 is my fave - i love backlit stuff anyway, but that lens is bokelicous!

really lovely, the processing really brings out those autumnal tones. #2 is my fave - i love backlit stuff anyway, but that lens is bokelicous!
Thanks Mark :).

Did the processing in Capture One 11. Trying the Demo at the minute and don't think i'll be going back to Lightroom. The quality I get from the fuji files is so much better out of Capture one. Really pleased with the toning on these, though to be fair it's just a mix of camera profiles (Koda Chome) and a preset that's built in to the software. Just seems to be the right combo for these images.

I was the same, once I got my head around the different way of working, I feel Capture One is the better tool in terms of the output and how your images look - you don't have to work particularly hard in Lightroom for the colours to go a bit yucky - especially if you are editing the individual hues

The advanced colour editor in Capture One is excellent - you can really tweak all the tones without it going all bandy and blotchy and create some really quite nice subtle, yet stylised looks.

That said, I find the cataloguing better in Lightroom -Lightroom seems to handle larger collections a bit better but the last couple of updates (really from v11) has made notable performance improvements, but then 82842 photos... i should probably break up my catalogue.

These are great, hard to go wrong with a lens like that on a beautiful autumn day. Lovely.

Back