Autumn to winter at Lac Bleu, Arolla, Switzerland (more images added)

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
This location was on my bucket list for a while. While I was still in Chamonix it was clear the weather was going to get very bad real soon, and it sort of did. I didn't have much choice but to make the miles across Switzerland so just stuck with the plan anyway. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as they said in the forecast, i.e. no rain and high winds at least in that location but it still got pretty cloudy as soon as I made my way up.

Reflections were still very good and for a few moments there were some spotlights of the sun on the mountains opposite. Of course there was no golden hour... I think this is the pick so far; I find a better one I will add it on.
Its a very nice location and not too far from the main road. The mountains are admittedly not Mont-Blanc class but still well worth a go if you are in the area.
I didn't get anything the following day as I was just enjoying the assault of the mountain passes in my Passat; and the weather was dreadful. My CC refused to work at all so I was lucky I made it to Austria with about 0.5L of diesel left in the tank; it's far too expensive there anyway.

edit: I blended 10 images over 15min from the same spot. At first there was some blue sky but no light, and then the spotlight moved across the mountain side. I just added it all up and it looks a bit brighter.

Next shot is really to justify the name of the lake... Very blue / turquoise indeed.

Last edited:
Some more pics to give you a better idea what its like. I think I have convinced myself to go back to the spot on a clearer day.

Blue hour. The tree on the left just barely fits into 16mm shot by 3 or 4 pixels, with all corrections turned off. I had to add a bit more sky in photoshop.

Last edited:
My downer, if any with the location, isn't your pictures but the number of very obvious walk ways, trails that scar the land around it. I'd go back with more snow which would hide the man made mess better.

My downer, if any with the location, isn't your pictures but the number of very obvious walk ways, trails that scar the land around it. I'd go back with more snow which would hide the man made mess better.

There is little you can do maybe clone the easier ones out... It was already half frozen so any later won't be any good I'm afraid.

Back