Autumnal Dipper

Lovely setting Tim, shame they put such a big ring on a little bird :)

Reactions: mex
All good and natural here Tim - I'm not normally a fan of above eye level shots but I think it works here because of the overall composition and natural setting, using the river in context.

Mike

Lovely shot, these birds are so photogenic ... I have to say that ringing does seem to be getting a bit out of hand now, large leg rings, rings around necks etc :(

Lovely shot, these birds are so photogenic ... I have to say that ringing does seem to be getting a bit out of hand now, large leg rings, rings around necks etc :(
I'm in the Lake District at the moment and even the small gulls that feed off tourists leftovers are about 50per cent ringed. Seems crazy to me.

All good and natural here Tim - I'm not normally a fan of above eye level shots but I think it works here because of the overall composition and natural setting, using the river in context.

Mike

I agree completely Mike. I've tried many times getting to eye level with him but he's a very skittish bird. Extremely happy for me to watch him from the bridge which is where this was taken but as soon as I go to brook level he's gone. I've used camo netting, lay on the bank, a make shift hide but all to no avail. It just knows I am there and refuses to settle in the patch I am.

I'll keep trying.

Back