Autumnal sunset

Edit My Images
No
I'd had my eye on the sky most of the day in hope of catching a few sunset pictures at a local lake. In the end the clouds didn't play ball untill the sun had almost gone so this is the result of a last minute dash. In hindsight I should have upped the iso to get a shorter shutter speed in order to :coldfeet:freeze the trees but such is life :)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hBQVBc]Autumnal sunset by James W, on Flickr[/URL]

It was probably a nice scene to your eyes but translating that into a 2d picture needs compositional thought. Were there any foreground rocks/plants you could've used to add depth or lead the eyes into the scene? I suspect you'd have been better off going a bit tighter but I can't see any trees that you can base a composition around, so it may be one of the views that doesn't really work photographically

Thanks for the feedback, greatly appreciated. It was shot off a dam wall so no chance of any foreground interest unfortunately which is why I tried to make the focus the sky but as you said it was most likely nicer to to see than photograph. If I'm honest it was probably more taken out of frustration due to lack of camera use for a few days. It was a nice evening walk anyway so not a total loss :)

Back