Autumn's Golden Gown.

Both nice images but I prefer the one with the Human element !

Both nice images but I prefer the one with the Human element !

Thank you.

I prefer the light on the second image and it was the first one I processed. I thought later on though that having human interest would add a story to the image and a point for the eye to settle. So, I processed that one too, I didn't know the lady, she said hello and carried on walking, and wearing a red jacket too. :)

Two very nice images, with #1 being my preferred choice. Liking the position of the subject and the small splash of red (coat) for me really brings the shot alive.

George.

I put an Orton on the image with a figure.

Too much?

(uploaded directly to the forum, so may be affected a bit)

IMGL4189 DPP LR CS6 ORTON JP  tp.jpg

Number two for me, composition, colours and no human.
Two very nice images, with #1 being my preferred choice. Liking the position of the subject and the small splash of red (coat) for me really brings the shot alive.

George.
2 for me. Pity it never had a figure as they work well in 1
I like both. The person works well in the first, bit of a reflection as well, but the light on the trees in #2 makes it the winner for me. (y)

Cheers. (y)

Yes to much for me. I thought you'd over sharpened it.

It's an odd effect, it's actually heavily blurred on a layer then contrast is lifted as well as a touch of brightness, then the layer opacity is reduced. I used a brush to remove the effect and reveal the layer underneath in places. I do think it's an effect that could work well with tress and leaves, when done properly.

The one without the person for me - it's unnecessary in this scene as they're stopping your eyes wondering further down the path. You can apply a bit of Orton effect but I think tone it down a little from the version including the person, it'll be a very nice shot.

For a simple Orton effect duplicate your layer (cmd/ctrl + J), go to filters>blur>gaussian blur and 15%, then in the layer panel select blend mode soft light and try between 10%-30%. That should work well and no real need for brushing

For a simple Orton effect duplicate your layer (cmd/ctrl + J), go to filters>blur>gaussian blur and 15%, then in the layer panel select blend mode soft light and try between 10%-30%. That should work well and no real need for brushing

Cool, thanks. Almost the way I did it but I think I overdid the blur. I also then bumped the contrast and brightness on that layer. I will try your way. (y)

For me the figure is too prominent. If it was further away and/or not wearing a red jacket it could have worked better. I question what the story could have been?

So the one without the figure for me, It is a lovely image.

Thank you Jeremy.

Not so much a story with the figure, but maybe some interest. I do love the one without the figure and I think it is my favourite of the 2 but my eye dosn't settle anywhere with it but that said, my eye doesn't explore the image with the figure.

I do have one with her further away and a guy walking from the far end too. *heads to photoshop* ;)

Back