Aviation pics from Raf Lakenheath.

Great set, I especially like numbers 3,4 & 5

Groovy flying hardware shootings, Steve!

When are they going to improve?
When cars are presented, there are girls everywhere.
When they present planes… none! :)

Night Shift (y)

Some crackers there Steve, definitely No.3 for me closely followed by No.1 for me. Could I ask what your set up is please? I was there a couple of weeks ago and struggled to nail them sharp. Anything over ISO 100 and 1/200 and that's me knackered without a tripod :(

Some crackers there Steve, definitely No.3 for me closely followed by No.1 for me. Could I ask what your set up is please? I was there a couple of weeks ago and struggled to nail them sharp. Anything over ISO 100 and 1/200 and that's me knackered without a tripod :(
Yeah sure, All taken with Canon 5D3, 500F4ismk1, 1.4 extender mk3.

"Excellent" set of images Steve, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

Number 1 is a first class picture however number 3 is pretty good too, in fact they are all damn good but 1 gets it for me

Cracking stuff, promoted to home page for awhile :)

Just looked through your flickr Steve, jaw dropping photos!

I realise you must work as an aviation photographer so are able to get special access? but even so I would like some help in knowing where's a good place to go to get good shots of fighter jets in the UK taking off and landing etc. I've just got a Sigma 150-600 lens which I'd love to go to and get some shots of fighter jets so if you could provide me with some advice I'd be very appreciative of it.

Thanks, Joel.

Hey, Joel,
Most of my shots are taken off base, or through the fence.
Raf Lakenheath, Raf Coningsby are very good for this type of photography.
I try and find different angles to be honest.
Anytime after september are the good times, as the heat haze is a lot less, and the air is clearer!
Let me know what bases you are near and i will try and give you some pointers.
All the best
Steve

Hey Steve thanks for the info. I actually went to coningsby today. First time and still getting to grips with my 150-600 lens but really enjoyed it and the weather was great.

Superb shots btw. Thats the kind of photography i am aspiring to!

Hubba Bubba. All top, but Night Shift really does it for me.

Back