Avocet Action!

great set Russ

Well done Russ.
- Thanks, Dexs :)
- I'm now finding the x2iii TC is giving me better BIF results on the 7D2 than previously. I've changed my settings, as we've discussed, and in bright UK conditions the results are more acceptable to me at 600mm. You should be even better in Crete!
- I hope the new camera arrives as planned.

Russ

Superb capture on the first one,Russ. Sharp clean shots on the others,too.

These Avocets look so elegant but I've seen them being very aggressive. I've been told that Stilts are the most aggressive. I've yet to see one.

Superb capture on the first one,Russ. Sharp clean shots on the others, too. These Avocets look so elegant but I've seen them being very aggressive....
- Many thanks for comments, John. I was not sure what to expect initially when the female first lowered herself into the water (her bill was totally underwater at times), and the male was still very busy preening himself, then in a flash he mounted - and the rest is history! A privilege to witness :)

Russ

- Thanks, Dexs :)
- I'm now finding the x2iii TC is giving me better BIF results on the 7D2 than previously. I've changed my settings, as we've discussed, and in bright UK conditions the results are more acceptable to me at 600mm. You should be even better in Crete!
- I hope the new camera arrives as planned.

Russ
On its way.

:eek::jawdrop:o_O
… this being the first time I realise that these elegant
things have blue legs!

My daughter jokingly took the position that the colour
serves a camouflage when they stand in blue water! :wacky:

:eek::jawdrop:o_O
… this being the first time I realise that these elegant
things have blue legs! My daughter jokingly took the position that the colour
serves a camouflage when they stand in blue water! :wacky:
- Your daughter is very astute, Daniel :cool:
- perhaps you can begin to see why these elegant Avocets are my favourite wader :)

Russ

Nice set of this tenacious bird Russ :)

Back