Critique B&W Critique Please

BarryG

I'll stick to my 2 inches
Edit My Images
No
I've picked up the camera after quite a long break with a view to steeping my photography up a notch or two. Looking for some critique please.

When I took it I was happy with the shot, also when I took it into Lightroom. However looking back at it now it seems quite boring! Not sure why, hence the post!

Would appreciate any feedback on composition, PP and anything else. Thanks you.35673762762_0e0dc93804_o.jpg

Flickr link: https://flic.kr/p/WmnmPd

I don't think this is really suitable for monochrome. If you remove the colour, you need to replace it with something else. This is just a colourless picture.

Thanks. I think I was hoping the sky/clouds would do something in mono. Appreciate the feedback.

this could be ok in mono...the thing is to recognise that what we see in colour wont seem so interesting in mono
IF WE DONT TURN OFF OUR COLOUR COMPARISON DATA BANK
so in mono we are looking for a range of tones from black to white...as many as can be produced but keeping a balance...
one end is high key the other is low key...hello key
so contrast and some texture is needed to amplify shape and form
clouds are ok white and blue skies a bit darker...red filter
experimentation and satisfaction are the key issues...try to find your own methods and results...and if they please YOU then its your niche
of course there are some mono treatments which arent really successful...flowers and most clothing and skin tone and textures
not all ladies like the old man of the sea technique and vice versa...its legal now and i am told approved by the clergy
so...
mono..go it alone...dont worry we will do that for you
cheers
geof

I've picked up the camera after quite a long break with a view to steeping my photography up a notch or two. Looking for some critique please.

When I took it I was happy with the shot, also when I took it into Lightroom. However looking back at it now it seems quite boring! Not sure why, hence the post!

Would appreciate any feedback on composition, PP and anything else. Thanks you.View attachment 105876

Flickr link: https://flic.kr/p/WmnmPd

why no edit... old chap...you may get an edit which helps you on your way
we arent here to steal
chears
geof

Agree with the previous comments and needs more contrast Imo.....also it doesn't look sharp!

Lacking in contrast, poor range of tones and sloping. There is nothing to draw the eye to a centre of interest.

Back