Critique B+W Daughter

I think its a little dark and I'm distracted by the lighter area's in front of the subject and the image twice the size allowed on this forum 2048 x 1368 pixels :D:D:D

1040 pixels along longest side fella, is the Norm

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its a little dark and I'm distracted by the lighter area's in front of the subject and the image twice the size allowed on this forum 2048 x 1368 pixels :D:D:D

1040 pixels along longest side fella, is the Norm

Les

Thanks for that :) on some screens I see that lighter area some I don't, not sure which I preffered..

Sorry about the size, eek! I thought I selected the smaller from flickr..

Will remember in future ;)

It's sharp as a tack, couldn't get much sharper focus. I like it as an image, it makes you think about what it is she's looking at and/or thinking about (maybe she's just watching TV).

Thanks for that :) on some screens I see that lighter area some I don't, not sure which I preffered..

Sorry about the size, eek! I thought I selected the smaller from flickr..

Will remember in future ;)

I have a calibrated screen and then lighter area's seem to pop out at me, as you say screen do differ, that's why I bought calibration software

I still love the image

Les

I like it a lot Ben, --I would take out her dress strap though, and now that Les has pointed it out there is a slight light reflection in front of her face and I agree, I would get red,

Geoff

It's sharp as a tack, couldn't get much sharper focus. I like it as an image, it makes you think about what it is she's looking at and/or thinking about (maybe she's just watching TV).
Yep, I'm afraid so.. Probably something far more interesting than me..!

I have a calibrated screen and then lighter area's seem to pop out at me, as you say screen do differ, that's why I bought calibration software

I still love the image

Les

Thankyou :)

I like it a lot Ben, --I would take out her dress strap though, and now that Les has pointed it out there is a slight light reflection in front of her face and I agree, I would get red,

Geoff

Thankyou :)

Honestly guys, all feedback is much appreciated by you all.

Ben

Lighter area, in original, was distracting, almost like smoke.

Edit is better, but can't help notice the strap on her shoulder is tight, but before it was loose o_O

Back