B&W urban architecture shots - critique please

Name
Nic
Edit My Images
Yes
I posted this morning to say Hi as a new member. I'm a mature student taking A Level Photography and I'm currently working on B&W film for a project about shadow and light. To help I take digital images to let me prep for film photos and below are a few of the digital images I've taken. I have made some relatively minor amendments using Aperture & Lightroom (which is best is a question for another time perhaps?).

Please let me know what I'm getting right and, more importantly, where I can improve further. I can take it :LOL:

1. Cannington Churchyard

6350333176_9048d1b21a_b.jpg

2. Abandoned factory in Bridgwater (1)

6350333002_feafce14f3_b.jpg

3. Abandoned factory in Bridgwater (2)
(I know this one isn't in B&W but I just like the colours in the glass too much to change it).

6349585553_98bdc80bb1_b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, the share info on Flickr didn't work but I got there in the end by copying image location and pasting that. Please look again now :)

Ok some critique:

1. Looks a little noisey-and the church building lacks a little pop for me, PP could improve this shot

2. I quite like this one- although I would crop it just to the right of the right hand window as the open door? lacks detail

3. Also lacking detail in the brickwork around the windows and the water tank is hardly a classic view

all in all not bad efforts, just need a little PP work for me

Les (y)

1st is nicely composed, could do with being a bit more level to be pleasing to the eye but nice shot none the less.

2nd shot is great also, no critisms there!

3rd shot is IMO wrongly composed. It's a great look and the glass is very uniquely coloured, but I would of composed it to feature the 2 windows in a straight on configuration. Kind of like this | [] [] |
Bad example haha, but I hope you get the idea. | represents the edge of the photo and the [] represents the windows.

:D

Back