Baboonian Rhapsody.

Ian D J

Michael Fish
Name
Ian D J
Edit My Images
Yes
A red nosed Monkeh has appeared in this week's food shopping so I thought I'd show off the latest addition. I hope the surviving members of Queen won't mind me aping their iconic sleeve cover.

Monkey20Business203.jpg~original

(Here's the boring bit, it was taken on a D7000 with the 50 mm primes attached. F16 and 20 seconds at ISO 100 were the settings. It then involved a spot of light painting using a LED torch).

can't tell you how pleased that it's this end of the Monkeh pointing at the camera rather than the other "prominent cheeks"

Excellent Idea, well executed, and with a clever title to boot... I love it!

can't tell you how pleased that it's this end of the Monkeh pointing at the camera rather than the other "prominent cheeks"

:D Hi Mark! I have tried other poses with those monkeys but they all looked "m'eh". The lighting, focus and composition I was pleased with but felt that it was missing something - then I came up with that Queen cover idea and here it is. :cool:

LOVE it Ian, one of the better Monkeh pictures I have seen (y)

Glad you like it! I do try and think out of the box when it comes to something like this. And this was the first attempt (didn't have to do any re-takes to get what I wanted).

Great stuff Ian. So you're not just a whiz at the ol' doodles then(y). Still not found a red nose monkeh :(. I think the remaining members (ex) would approve lol

:plus1:

Mrs Nod wouldn't let me arrange my Lego people how I wanted to shoot them (think human centipede...)

Awww, glad y'all like it! Filled in an hour while I was waiting for the jacket potatoes to be ready.

Actually, I've just thought of another "out of the box" type idea using my own brand of "comic book" humour - so watch this space.

:plus1:

Mrs Nod wouldn't let me arrange my Lego people how I wanted to shoot them (think human centipede...)

I would love to get inside your mind with that kind of thinking! Will await the result if you do go ahead with it (might be worth giving me a nudge as I may miss it what with TP being a busy packed out place these days).

:) Didn't quite expect a good reaction to this thread given how busy this fine forum does get!

Great picture, very funny, I've also tweeted the forum thread to Dr B May himself :)

Last edited:
Great picture, very funny, I've also tweeted the forum thread to Dr B May himself :)

Ooooo, wonder if he'll pick up on that (I'm not really a big Twitter user myself). Did you know that he once played with Edgar Froese (RIP, the founder of Tangerine Dream) in a live concert only a couple of years ago? I thought it was actually a great set, here's the concert in question:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHn48Sqnpzw

Excellent capture and well thought out , love the lighting Ian.

Not sure how I've missed this one Ian.
Absolutely love it.

Fantastic image mate

Back