Back again!!!! British Superbikes 2019 Silverstone test day.

Name
Glen
Edit My Images
No
Well after all the attempts to sell my gear and give up motorsport photography to concentrate on my proper job and family i have signed up for my tenth season trackside at BSB LOL.

So first outing for me was a little more of a social gathering and a chance to meet a few new faces and old friends.

Bit of a lack of garage shots and rider portraits as it was extremely cold in the morning and most garages remained shut with the heaters on and i hid in as many hospitality tents drinking coffee as i could find.

Anyway a few shots from the sessions in the afternoon to keep us all going till round 1.

1/
i-z5Hdr9m-XL.jpg

2/
i-tr9xj7v-XL.jpg

3/
i-q2ckTZk-XL.jpg

4/
i-pwN793X-XL.jpg

5/
i-7Dhp6RQ-XL.jpg

6/
i-25bss7k-XL.jpg

Many thanks for taking the time to look.

All taken with the EOS 1DX MKII or 7D MKII with the 500,300 or 70-200 and exif should be intact i hope.

Some crackers there Glen, good that you've decided to continue with BSB. Did you you try the mirrorless route before sticking with your 1dx ?

Stunning photos, if mine could be half as good Id be happy!:banghead:

#3 and #6 are both incredible, #3 just shades it for me due to the riders eyes.

Love all of these. As below, 3 and 6 are the pick. I'd go with 6 as I'm a sucker for a flame and the reflection of it in the rear tyre [emoji41]

Last edited:
Gadget-Guy = Glen = Freezeframe Photography?

Your skills are off the chart, I can only dream of capturing images like this. Doesn't mean I'm not going to try, but BSB is out of my league, off to Cadwell at the weekend for some amateur club racing.

Some crackers there Glen, good that you've decided to continue with BSB. Did you you try the mirrorless route before sticking with your 1dx ?

Cheers Neil,used the Fuji X-T2 for a year when the 1DX MKII had a fit and i had a battle with Canon trying to get it fixed and now have an A7III which will probably go up for sale to grab a 5D MKIV as just find i prefer the Canon stuff at the moment still for work.

Stunning photos, if mine could be half as good Id be happy!:banghead:

Many thanks.

Thankyou :)

Love all of these. As below, 3 and 6 are the pick. I'd go with 6 as I'm a sucker for a flame and the reflection of it in the rear tyre [emoji41]

Thankyou :)

Gadget-Guy = Glen = Freezeframe Photography?

Your skills are off the chart, I can only dream of capturing images like this. Doesn't mean I'm not going to try, but BSB is out of my league, off to Cadwell at the weekend for some amateur club racing.

Hi Mark and yes ;-)

I owe everything to this very forum,was taken under the wing of Andy who was Desantnik on here and shadowed him for many years at BSB.

Iv recently lost the buzz for photography, but seeing stuff like this gives me the feels :)

Last couple of years my friend i had also,lost my Dad and had health issues myself plus had just reached a point of shooting for the sake of it. Had some time out and missed the hobby but not the job in all honesty so am trying just to enjoy doing it again with less pressure and shooting what i want again rather than what a client wants and so far so good.

Just concentrate on shooting what you want and enjoying it and dont worry about anyone else my friend :)

So a lot resting on PBM's investment in Mr Redding this year seeing he has hardly any experience of UK tracks but is planning on at least two years in BSB with a few WSB wildcard rides if he can get them.
7/
i-rdkzJgD-XL.jpg

8/
i-2TjQKWH-XL.jpg

9/
i-fVbHwLP-XL.jpg

Last edited:
So a lot resting on PBM's investment in Mr Redding this year seeing he has hardly any experience of UK tracks but is planning on at least two years in BSB with a few WSB wildcard rides if he can get them.
7/
i-rdkzJgD-XL.jpg

8/
i-2TjQKWH-XL.jpg

9/
i-fVbHwLP-XL.jpg
Be interesting to see how SR goes this year, looking at how Bautista is doing in WSB you'd expect him to be right up there straight away, he's also on a decent bike, so no excuses really. If he doesn't show them the way I can't see him getting back to the world stage in any class. Great pics too BTW :)

Fantastic stuff, both of the shots through Luffield are top notch.

Great to see guys like Scott & Xavi Fores in the championship, along with some of the domestic talent makes for a real quality championship, impossible to pick a winner which is the way it should be. Looking forward to the first round next week and hope the weather is slightly better than Tuesday! Glad a few of the riders braved the conditions in the first practice session as it was a bit grim standing around Brooklands!

3 or 6? Can't decide, cracking shots.

Many thanks for the kind comments everyone,time to get the cameras all charged now ready for round 1 this weekend :D

Back