back from Qatar

Edit My Images
Yes
Well I'm back from Qatar unfortunately spent most of my time in a computer helping to fix something :( so didn't get hardly any shots.

fountains outside hotel I wanted to do a longer exposure on these but my :censored: camera can't
1.jpg

I've tried to get rid of that orange bar but in this one but can't manage it yet :(
2.jpg

Obligatory sand dune shot
3.jpg

Inspired by kamion's "A new use for side mirrors" tried it with my sunglasses
4.jpg

Couple of sunset over the desert shots
5.jpg
6.jpg

Any criticisms (about the photos lets not get personal :p ) appreciated

hmm looks like the horizons are abit wonky will have to fix after some sleep are there any tips on easy ways to do this via PS in the tuts?

The sunglasses shot is, as an idea, great but it would need to be cleaner (no sand on the lens). The last pic is, IMHO, a cracker - you've captured the atmosphere well. If I had one improvement it would be to "warm" it up a bit with a bit of post processing.

Gemok said:
hmm looks like the horizons are abit wonky will have to fix after some sleep are there any tips on easy ways to do this via PS in the tuts?

If you have PS CS2, then open up the Image, go to Filter > Distort > Lens Correction.

In the window that pops up, select the 2nd tool from the top (on the left hand side), then draw a line on your horizon (or building if its a vertical straightening you require), and hey presto, click OK and crop the corners :)

Thanks Marcel I've always just rotated my pics by eye with variying success I knew there'd be a beter way.
The sunglasses shot is a right pain to take without getting your own reflection in it, which is why only one lens is showing.
I'm very happy with the last shot and damn glad I took it 6 times as the the other 5 all blured lots I need to work on keeping a steadier hand

Back